Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
sandy wrote:We made an announcement on twitch (http://www.twitch.tv/towerofcommerce/v/676842978?sr=a), which we promoted on fb and the dojo. As I said before, I don't trust the unbiased moderation here to not subtly edit our posts or remove it outright, in addition to banning whomever made the post.

Personally, while I am the de jure leader of the Tower of Commerce, I trust my various department heads to do their job. This includes my head of communication who can decide if the risk to reward of promoting our events here is worthwhile, and our head or organized play who can determine if using the CCs tournament system to run events is worthwhile.

If you have more questions, i would encourage you to join The Dojo where we can chat more directly, or attend Thursday Night Trek, or one of our live streams.
Thank you. That is an informative answer. Be well. :cheersL:

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'm no mod (or anything special here at all), but I'm pretty sure the reason why some eventual ToC members were banned had nothing to do with them simply informing people the ToC would exist with the purpose of hosting events in the future... It feels like a cop out to me to say you refuse to tell us anything here because you're afraid you'll be banned for something the Dojo does here on the regular without major issue.

But do as you will.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
sandy wrote:We made an announcement on twitch (http://www.twitch.tv/towerofcommerce/v/676842978?sr=a), which we promoted on fb and the dojo.

If you have more questions, i would encourage you to join The Dojo where we can chat more directly, or attend Thursday Night Trek, or one of our live streams.
I just watched your announcement, and I do have some questions. If you are willing to chat directly, would you be willing to do so via Skype or Zoom?

By sandy
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Gorgo Primus wrote:I'm no mod (or anything special here at all), but I'm pretty sure the reason why some eventual ToC members were banned had nothing to do with them simply informing people the ToC would exist with the purpose of hosting events in the future... It feels like a cop out to me to say you refuse to tell us anything here because you're afraid you'll be banned for something the Dojo does here on the regular without major issue.

But do as you will.
They had announcements edited without their consent as they were "misleading". I don't pretend to know the CoC well enough to know what will and won't be edited or break some rule, and quite frankly, I don't want to expend the energy.

There's enough people that overlap between here and the Dojo that can post stuff here, and like I said, it's up to my heads of OP and Communication to actually make the posts. I just wanted to clarify my policy.

By sandy
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Prefect wrote:
sandy wrote:We made an announcement on twitch (http://www.twitch.tv/towerofcommerce/v/676842978?sr=a), which we promoted on fb and the dojo.

I just watched your announcement, and I do have some questions. If you are willing to chat directly, would you be willing to do so via Skype or Zoom?
Yeah, I strongly prefer zoom though.
Is it specifically me you want to talk with, or ToC in general? I can answer most questions, but I would defer to the various department heads on detailed questions about areas they own.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
sandy wrote:
The Prefect wrote:

Yeah, I strongly prefer zoom though.
Is it specifically me you want to talk with, or ToC in general? I can answer most questions, but I would defer to the various department heads on detailed questions about areas they own.
As the leader of the organization, I trust that you should be able to answer any questions I might have. I won't ask you to speak for anyone else.

Zoom is fine with me. What day and time would work for you?

By sandy
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Prefect wrote:
sandy wrote: Yeah, I strongly prefer zoom though.
As the leader of the organization, I trust that you should be able to answer any questions I might have. I won't ask you to speak for anyone else.

For context, is this in some official capacity from the CC or just personal curiosity? And is there something specific you want to discuss that I can prepare for?

Just wondering what the context is. Either way, I'll be available Thursday before 10am Eastern or after 6pm. I'll create a meeting link and PM you when you pick a time.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
sandy wrote:
The Prefect wrote:
sandy wrote: Yeah, I strongly prefer zoom though.

For context, is this in some official capacity from the CC or just personal curiosity? And is there something specific you want to discuss that I can prepare for?

Just wondering what the context is. Either way, I'll be available Thursday before 10am Eastern or after 6pm. I'll create a meeting link and PM you when you pick a time.
I no longer hold any official staff position with the CC. I am an Ambassador and volunteer who's spent the last 6 years promoting the play of this game and doing what I can to contribute to its longevity. That being so, I am very much interested in your stated mission of encouraging play. I want to learn more about your goals, motivations, and vision for the future of the game. I also want to try to understand exactly what you see the relationship between your organization and the CC to be.

My questions are my own. I do not claim to speak for the CC. and I haven't run any of my questions by anyone else, nor do I plan to.

After 6pm would be fine.

By sandy
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Prefect wrote:
I no longer hold any official staff position with the CC. I am an Ambassador and volunteer who's spent the last 6 years promoting the play of this game and doing what I can to contribute to its longevity. That being so, I am very much interested in your stated mission of encouraging play. I want to learn more about your goals, motivations, and vision for the future of the game. I also want to try to understand exactly what you see the relationship between your organization and the CC to be.

My questions are my own. I do not claim to speak for the CC. and I haven't run any of my questions by anyone else, nor do I plan to.

After 6pm would be fine.
Great! I'd love to discuss your experience as an ambassador and volunteer, especially as this represents a time when I was not involved with the game - any feedback and input you have would be greatly appreciated. Of course, I'm also happy to clarify our goals, motivations etc, but I'm not comfortable discussing what (if any) relationship we have with the CC unless it's in an official capacity with the CC. I've already said everything I wish to state publicly on that topic in our announcement.

By sandy
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'll post here since there has been some interest - I'll be hosting a zoom tonight at 7pm EST if anyone wants to chat or ask questions about ToC.

Tower of Commerce Streaming is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: ToC Q/A
Time: Jul 20, 2020 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/95639350544?pwd=Q2c5M ... dENVBrUT09

Meeting ID: 956 3935 0544
Passcode: 4CiUcz

By sandy
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
On the off chance that anyone sees this, I'll be hosting a fairly intoxicated zoom meeting, starting *right now* for people that want to ask me questions or whatever.

Tower of Commerce Streaming is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: whatever
Time: Jul 31, 2020 08:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/95882945581?pwd=Tkg4Z ... BRVzMxUT09

Meeting ID: 958 8294 5581
Passcode: 878878

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]