Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Brak_ (Chris O'Connell)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Mathematically, wouldn't it be prudent to do a highly used mission? Something that the bulk of the players can enjoy? According to the 2E Decklist page, this one and this one are the most frequently appearing in decks across affiliations.

Otherwise I'd nominate any of the HQs that don't have foil versions.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
Brak_ wrote:Mathematically, wouldn't it be prudent to do a highly used mission? Something that the bulk of the players can enjoy? According to the 2E Decklist page, this one and this one are the most frequently appearing in decks across affiliations.

Not necessarily. You also want foils that are going to look really good. I'm not saying your nominations wouldn't look good, I am simply saying popularity of play isn't the only consideration.

Besides, Cardassia Prime, Secure Homeworld has only been out for three months and it's already been used in only 13 fewer decks than Metron Arena, Resolve Standing Conflict in the last six-month period. I'm willing to bet in another three months Cardassia Prime will be even higher up on the list.

On the other hand, I agree Alpha 5 would make a pretty foil, and it wouldn't even need an AI.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Brak_ wrote:Mathematically, wouldn't it be prudent to do a highly used mission? Something that the bulk of the players can enjoy? According to the 2E Decklist page, this one and this one are the most frequently appearing in decks across affiliations.

One downside is when you select popular/overpowered cards to get an AI, they come with foils for a limited time. And if that card later receives an errata, the foiled version basically becomes unplayable. I don't play with my foils, so it's not a big deal to me. But I wonder if others do?

TCS already has been errata'd and I don't think it's a stretch to say Metron could as well. Gameplay-wise it shouldn't matter. But I can understand if people who created these foils or won them might be a little displeased. But maybe I'm just over-thinking it.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The Prefect wrote:
Armus wrote:Terrasphere 8
Northwest Passage, Contact Extradimensional Species
We've already had a Tournament Foil of Terrasphere 8, in Tournament Promo - Series XIV.
Ah. So we have.

Very well, how about Sector 39-J? That's a fun card image that would look good all shiny!

I guess we should have done "What can we […]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to another one of my homies, @seve[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]