Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
As the Leaderboard failed to keep their word within 2 consecutive Board Meetings, I hereby withdraw from the Selection Committee.

Consequences are important, and they go both ways.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Yeah #metoo. What happened now?

TK

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
On June 11th I offered the CC to share my knowledge and experience on 26 years of running businesses and clubs like the CC. But under one condition. All members of the CC leaderboard should agree to accept it (as I don´t want to work when some are not interested).

Now almost 2 months later I haven´t recieved any response with the exception of a few questions.

As to the silence from the CC I had a hunch that it was denied by at least one member. But it wasn´t worth to forward the information to me. I am ok with the proposal being rejected. But I am not ok with being utterly and completely ignored when it comes to informing me about it.

So I decided to make this step and withdraw my offer of investing my time to help out on the Search Committee.

And I was right with my hunch, as Scott wrote on the Discord:
"Sadly, as you surmised, that decision was made before I arrived ya know?"
So in the end I will not offer my time and help to the CC which decided it wasn´t worth enough to inform me about their decision.

Finally this is was a big chance for the CC as my 26 years of experience covers everything from game design over community building to event organisation. I estimated about 500+ hours of tips and tricks coming from me to the different departments. Almost all of them highly detailed.

But it is what it is.

If you choose to ignore people, they will draw consequences. And this one is mine.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
I’m still looking for a tl:dr version of events.

TK

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
You won´t find it on any of the 2 videos because it wasn´t worth mentioning, nor discussing.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
tl;dr: Based on everything that's happened, is happening, and from what I can tell will continue to happen, I'm at the point where I'm questioning whether or not I should even bother with 2E anymore.

I'll be running the Return to Farpoint series through its conclusion in November, but looking ahead to 2021, I'm not willing to commit to anything at this point.

I've seen this type of post before from other community members, and I'm a little surprised to be writing it myself, but I'm having a hard time finding anything worth sticking around for.

I'll keep an open mind, and I'll be interested to see how this Director search plays out, but I'm not signing any nerd contracts for 2021 or beyond at this point.

Take that for whatever you think it's worth, which to some community members might not be much, but there it is.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  

Naah, well ... what a shame it is in the end ...

By willraiman (Will Raiman)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:I hereby withdraw from the Selection Committee.
You mean you withdraw from your offer to help the selection committee, which they did not take you up on.

What if the CC isn't tragically and horribly flawed and broken, and instead just some people didn't want to work with you?

Could everyone maybe take a 5 from doomsaying and public airing of grievances, have a deep breath, and look around? You can still run tournaments if you want (the plague isn't the CC's fault). There's still prize support being made and shipped. The website works. There are sets in development that look good. But if you only read these forums, you'd think that the world was about to end.

Has there ever been a geek forum that didn't descend into turbo-drama?

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
willraiman wrote:
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:I hereby withdraw from the Selection Committee.
You mean you withdraw from your offer to help the selection committee, which they did not take you up on.

What if the CC isn't tragically and horribly flawed and broken, and instead just some people didn't want to work with you?

Could everyone maybe take a 5 from doomsaying and public airing of grievances, have a deep breath, and look around? You can still run tournaments if you want (the plague isn't the CC's fault). There's still prize support being made and shipped. The website works. There are sets in development that look good. But if you only read these forums, you'd think that the world was about to end.

Has there ever been a geek forum that didn't descend into turbo-drama?
To offer some clarification and a correction:

Nerdo was on the 2e director search committee. As far as I know, none of us had any problem with him being on that committee and were glad to have him. As far as I know, he has not communicated to us why he resigned - at least not that I saw. I had to read about it here, the same time as the rest of you. I have no idea if he privately told others why he was resigning. But, I can't imagine it had anything to do with us on the 2e director search committee.

But, you are correct. There are people here who love drama, and will jump at the chance to tear just a little more at whatever fragile fabric is still holding us together. And, like you, I've never understood why.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:Sometimes it's better to just let people be upset than tell them why they are wrong for being upset.
I 100% agree.

TK

The number of dilemmas that get put on a ship is[…]

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]