Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
monty42 wrote:Does Intoxicating Spirits miss the scentence "Plays in your core"?
How do I play this card?
HA! That's funny.

Yeah being a commodity, I'm assuming that it plays in your core. Doesn't make much sense otherwise....

I can't speak for the other proofreaders, but maybe I had been into some intoxicating spirits of my own when I was reviewing that set! :shifty: :cheersL: :cheersL:
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
None of the Commodities have "Plays in your core." It's inherent in the loaded keyword.

I had a worry about the keyword not being active until the card was in play and thought it needed it during Unity's proofreading. Rules was confident on the timing.

Meaning, when you play an event with "Plays in your core." presumably there's a moment when you command it, but you haven't started executing its text and it isn't in your core, but Commodities don't have that. Somewhere in Step 7 of "playing a card" (p. 18 Rulebook 4.0). Seems there's no crowbar small enough to wedge that one open, so that's where this card lives. Fun game, huh?

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Marquetry wrote:The text in Italics shows that when you play the card, it goes in core. Same with the other Commodity events, like Tulaberry Wine :)
:D :thumbsup: :cheersL:

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
Why wasting so much text-space for: "Commodity. (When a player plays or takes command of this event, it is placed in that player's core.)" instead of "Plays in your core"? What am I missing?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Commodities tend to go back and forth a bit. They need a destination whenever they’re traded.
Legal Format Section Missing?

Have you tried reopening the deck in Deck builder […]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to my homie @MrVorlon !

Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]