Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
New Card Question!

Krase, Bellicose Commander
When you play this personnel, you may return any number of your events with no cards on them to their owners' hands to make him cost -2. The opponent on your left may return a number of events that have an equal or greater total cost with no cards on them to their owners' hands to prevent this.
1) If I drop Krase, and choose to return one 0 cost event (e.g. Unexpected Difficulties) to my hand, can my opponent return zero events to their hand (as that has the same cost) to prevent the cost reduction?

2) If I drop Krase, and choose to return one 1 cost event (e.g. Astrometrics Lab) to my hand, can my opponent return my other 1 cost event (e.g. Assassination Attempt) to my hand to prevent that (as it doesn't specify it has to be an event they command)?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Huh.

I don't recall that being the wording during playtesting.

I thought it was "any number of your events ... any number of their events..."

I'm assuming that's a typo, because taking that wording at face value, I'd say that scenario WOULD work (even though it SHOULDN'T).

Hopefully TPTB will fix that before release... :cross:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:Huh.

I'm assuming that's a typo, because taking that wording at face value, I'd say that scenario WOULD work (even though it SHOULDN'T).

Looking at the image, that'll be a tight fit.

In the event that fixes the latter, any thoughts on the former?

Can my opponent return zero events to their hand, to prevent the cost reduction, if the total cost of events I return is 0?

(I guess the answer is "Yes, so try and make sure you return events with a cost greater than 0 :thumbsup: ".)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Danny wrote:
Armus wrote:Huh.

Looking at the image, that'll be a tight fit.

In the event that fixes the latter, any thoughts on the former?

Can my opponent return zero events to their hand, to prevent the cost reduction, if the total cost of events I return is 0?

(I guess the answer is "Yes, so try and make sure you return events with a cost greater than 0 :thumbsup: ".)
Your read is correct. 0 is a number.

By pschrader
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E American National Runner-Up 2023
I really don't understand why anyone thought putting a wall of text on a card that boils down to "conditional cost -2" was a good idea. This could have been simplified to make him something like "cost -1 for each event you return to your hand".

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
pschrader wrote:This could have been simplified to make him something like "cost -1 for each event you return to your hand".
Then where's the interaction?

By pschrader
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E American National Runner-Up 2023
Danny wrote:
pschrader wrote:This could have been simplified to make him something like "cost -1 for each event you return to your hand".
Then where's the interaction?
Edit: To keep in the spirit of simplifying text I'll simply say - this isn't interaction.

By Neelix (Scott Baughman)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
  Trek Masters 2E Champion 2024
sandy wrote:Is the definition of interaction "for everything you do, your opponent can cancel it"?
No, it's more that your opponent needs to pay attention to what you played and decide if they want to ... interact ... with it. But that text is laborious, I agree.

Make It So does NOT unstop the crew aboard a ship?[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]