Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
Boffo97 wrote: But...

I could also see the attitude of "I deserve to be treated with at least the common decency or respect due any person. So-and-so has proven repeatedly they're unwilling or unable to do so. Therefore, I don't have any desire or interest in working with them no matter what their ideas are."

In one way of looking at it, there's not that much difference between those two statements. But I for one would find the latter much more reasonable, particularly having seen the public history around here.
Agreed. I don't think the notion of respect requires people to tolerate others who have a verifiable history of treating others disrespectfully and who show no signs of changing now. It's like Popper's Paradox of Tolerance. I am assuming (and hoping) when Ben spoke of people letting their grudges get in the way of healing the community, he didn't mean to criticize people who who had merely decided not to tolerate habitual disrespect.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote:Nerdo, if volunteering was causing you undo stress, then perhaps it was the right decision for you to step away. Volunteering here shouldn't be at the detriment of one's physical or psychological well-being. I certainly would not blame anyone for stepping away under such circumstances. And I definitely don't begrudge you that.
Whoever works in a noxious environment is under stress. I won´t do it, others wouldn´t do it either. That´s why you don´t get so many volunteers. Think about it instead of going for dubious but fancy eloquence.
JeBuS wrote:My point is simply this: don't do things for or because of the grudges.
Which grudges do you see coming from my side?
JeBuS wrote:Speaking as someone who really doesn't care about the web of personal grudges, I find that volunteering my time is rewarding. I get to work on projects that I care about and that's my reward. It's not about power or kudos. I just enjoy working on this stuff.
Good for you. Many people don´t see that. They see troubles and back away. You´ll have to solve the problem of a heavily damaged image.
JeBuS wrote:Let the haters hate. No skin off my back. Don't let it be off yours, either.
There are not many things I hate. None of them are a part of the STCCG hobby. So, I´m fine, thank you.
Boffo97 wrote:I could also see the attitude of "I deserve to be treated with at least the common decency or respect due any person. So-and-so has proven repeatedly they're unwilling or unable to do so. Therefore, I don't have any desire or interest in working with them no matter what their ideas are."
That is very well said! :thumbsup:

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Prefect wrote:Agreed. I don't think the notion of respect requires people to tolerate others who have a verifiable history of treating others disrespectfully and who show no signs of changing now. It's like Popper's Paradox of Tolerance. I am assuming (and hoping) when Ben spoke of people letting their grudges get in the way of healing the community, he didn't mean to criticize people who who had merely decided not to tolerate habitual disrespect.
That´s what I think too.

It is a pitty. Benjamin was almost perfect for the job.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Screenshot_20200827-085324_One UI Home~2.jpg
Screenshot_20200827-085324_One UI Home~2.jpg (33.67 KiB) Viewed 694 times

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah, no. As I've pointed out before the 1E forum also has plenty of drama and people screaming at each other. I spent a month there (keeping up to date with it) and the entire first page was full of threads calling people out, declaring they were quitting forever, claiming someone was trying to destroy the game with suggested changes, etc.

If people want to talk about issues in 2E or how people here treat each other here, you can and should easily do that while leaving the mythical paradise of 1E and its forum out of it.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
So going by Niall's message, I am responsible for 100% of the 1E Drama around here. ;)

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a di[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]