Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Heads up 2E, I sincerely hope you'll find a new director to carry this game into a better future. It won't be me though. I've been in conversations with people from all the different "camps" in 2E. I've come to the conclusion that none of you have an interest in doing what's best for 2E! This community is populated by a bunch of people who want to be right, no matter the cost. You don't care whether you being right will destroy 2E, you just want to be right. It's sad and I feel a little bit ashamed of being part of this community. The worst thing is that this sentiment doesn't even apply to one specific camp. Whether you're CC or their opposition, you only care about your agenda. It hurts me deeply that it had to come to this, but every single one of you who told me to my face that your personal grudges are more important than the greater good do not deserve my services. May you enjoy the remaining years of 2E, few as they may be...

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
monty42 wrote: ... but every single one of you who told me to my face that your personal grudges are more important than the greater good do not deserve my services. May you enjoy the remaining years of 2E, few as they may be...
I am very sad to read this. And, I think I know exactly how you feel. I want to know who the assholes are. They're the ones tearing this community apart.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
The Prefect wrote:
monty42 wrote: ... but every single one of you who told me to my face that your personal grudges are more important than the greater good do not deserve my services. May you enjoy the remaining years of 2E, few as they may be...
I want to know who the assholes are. They're the ones tearing this community apart.
No.
NO!
No no no no no!!!
That is exactly the wrong approach!
I wanted all of us to work together for the common good!
Sentiments like that don't help that goal.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
monty42 wrote:
The Prefect wrote:
I want to know who the assholes are. They're the ones tearing this community apart.
No.
NO!
No no no no no!!!
That is exactly the wrong approach!
I wanted all of us to work together for the common good!
Sentiments like that don't help that goal.
Sorry. I guess this hit me hard because I am struggling with this sense of hopelessness for 2e myself. You were one of the people I actually had hope for who could start to bring us back together - someone who had the ear of all sides, as it were. If you've now lost your hope, I am not sure what comes next.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I don't know who you spoke to or what qualifies as a 'camp' such that it sounds like you think you've captured the majority opinions/sentiments on the subject re: what to do about 2E's future. I'm also don't know what they said that they gave you the impression that they would prevent you from doing this job the way he'd want (if that is part of what you meant). Regardless, I'm sorry to hear that that happened to you. :(

For what it's worth, as someone who volunteered for the committee that'd be choosing someone and isn't in the CC nor hates the CC, I had no negative preconceptions about you or whatever vision/goals you planned for 2E and would have liked to hear them.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:Rumor is Charles du Plain is in the running for 2Euro Direktor.
At this point I could get behind this idea as long as Charlie had to wear Groucho Glasses on every 2E Staff Meeting and Board Meeting.

"For the 1E Report, here's Charlie Plaine"

[Charlie Gives Report]

"For the 2E Report, here's Charles du Plain"

[Charlie puts on Groucho Glasses, proceeds to give 2E report]

At the very least it would make the board meetings more watchable.

That last one with the committee discussion on the prevalence of committees and the need for committees almost made my eyes bleed. :x

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The Prefect wrote:
I am very sad to read this. And, I think I know exactly how you feel. I want to know who the assholes are. They're the ones tearing this community apart.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
Armus wrote:
The Prefect wrote:
It's ironic that the "Great Sages" in the picture of the card you shared really are the villains. Sometimes, the villagers with torches have the right idea ... though I think Ben's right in that more division at this point would only makes things worse. I have a feeling the guilty parties will out themselves over time. As one of my friends following this unfortunate chain of events wisely observed, "they almost can't help it."

In any case, this is a pretty bleak time for 2e. I'm very sad that we're losing such a qualified candidate who honestly wanted good things for the game. And, on a human level, it's sad to see someone who obviously cared so much about this game throw up his hands and walk away. I know precisely how he feels.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Let's say your wise friend is right and they do out themselves. What then?

If more division is bad, and more assholes is also bad, which wins out?

I noticed that Ben also said he had multiple conversations with multiple "camps" - is it possible that the CC itself has some asshole members? Could the asshole call be coming from inside the house?

Also, question for Ben: did these "assholes" happen to tell you why they aren't interested in rebuilding bridges?

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
monty42 wrote:Heads up 2E, I sincerely hope you'll find a new director to carry this game into a better future. It won't be me though. I've been in conversations with people from all the different "camps" in 2E. I've come to the conclusion that none of you have an interest in doing what's best for 2E! This community is populated by a bunch of people who want to be right, no matter the cost. You don't care whether you being right will destroy 2E, you just want to be right. It's sad and I feel a little bit ashamed of being part of this community. The worst thing is that this sentiment doesn't even apply to one specific camp. Whether you're CC or their opposition, you only care about your agenda. It hurts me deeply that it had to come to this, but every single one of you who told me to my face that your personal grudges are more important than the greater good do not deserve my services. May you enjoy the remaining years of 2E, few as they may be...
If you feel this way before you got a Green Badge, when you do and get in the behind the scenes conversations the cliques and vendettas are much worse.

You did yourself a favour

Honest

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
Armus wrote:I noticed that Ben also said he had multiple conversations with multiple "camps" - is it possible that the CC itself has some asshole members?
I think it's pretty obvious from his very clearly written exit notice that this is the case. The CC, Da Group Chat, The Dojo, and Tower of Commerce all seem to be implicated.

As for "what then"? I have no idea. I suppose who ever is in charge will make that determination when it happens. Thankfully, that won't be me.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Absolutely true Monty. That is also one of the reasons why I stepped back from the Search Committee. Its true hopelessness that plagues our hobby.
Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]