Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

Which art description should be used for the AI of Commandeer Prototype?

Use the original art - foil is good enough.
No votes
0%
Three Romulan Warbirds closing on the U.S.S. Prometheus. Voyager Season 4: Message in a Bottle.
50%
1e Outgunned pic
18%
I trust the Art Team to decide.
32%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hello,

It's time to vote on the alternate image for the first of our two missions, Commandeer Prototype. In this poll, there are four (4) options for you to choose from. Every card is given two default options: the same image as the original, just in foil; or, letting the Art team decide. Vote for the original image if you love it and just can't wait to see it shiny; vote for the Art team if there's nothing else that speaks to you. The other options come from your suggestions, and the option with the most votes will be passed along to our art team for them to work from.

For your reference, you can find the First Edition picture for Outgunned by clicking on that card title.

As a reminder, this isn't about the specific frame or image, but rather the notes on what should be happening in that final image. The poll will be open for one week, until Monday, September 7th, 2020. You can change your vote at any time up until the poll closes, so please argue your cases for your favorite image.

Vote away!

-crp
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Are we going to errata this card to include location as the title? I’m curious because that has a bearing on my vote for the picture. I’m inclined to say no this time because “Remote sector of the Beta Quadrant” is a little long for the title. Plus then we can alter the story to the Prometheus picture.
 -  
Prophet
jadziadax8 wrote:Are we going to errata this card to include location as the title? I’m curious because that has a bearing on my vote for the picture. I’m inclined to say no this time because “Remote sector of the Beta Quadrant” is a little long for the title. Plus then we can alter the story to the Prometheus picture.
Yes, it will be changed. I've already reached out to creative to name the location.

-crp
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Huh. I always thought the picture on Outgunned was from "One Little Ship." It would be easier to use the picture from "Broken Link" and the story from "One Little Ship" or, unless we want to fudge a bunch (I'm not necessarily against it; it just might rub people the wrong way), "Broken Link" and "Message in a Bottle" happen in different gameplay quadrants. But I also don't want to second-guess any plans that are already in motion.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
OK, facepalm time. I've looked at this card probably hundreds of times and didn't realize it WAS from Message in a Bottle. I always assumed the story was from a DS9 episode. :lol:
 -  
Prophet
It's been awhile since I've seen the episode, but I believe the events re: the Prometheus actually did happen in the Beta Quadrant. I think Voyager had found the Hirogen sensor array and detected the ship at the edge of its range, then technomagic'd The Doctor aboard. Since 2E doesn't have a Beta Quadrant, it ended up Alpha. So in terms of changing the story, it's not as drastic as a quadrant change.

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:It's been awhile since I've seen the episode, but I believe the events re: the Prometheus actually did happen in the Beta Quadrant. I think Voyager had found the Hirogen sensor array and detected the ship at the edge of its range, then technomagic'd The Doctor aboard. Since 2E doesn't have a Beta Quadrant, it ended up Alpha. So in terms of changing the story, it's not as drastic as a quadrant change.

-crp
That episode is actually on H&I at 11pm Eastern tonight.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
I always wondered why we didn't have a Beta Quadrant.

"The Beta Quadrant is one of the quadrants in the Milky Way Galaxy. The space of the Beta Quadrant is home to the Klingon Empire, the Vulcans, the Romulan Star Empire, as well as parts of the United Federation of Planets, the Gorn Hegemony, and the space of Nausicaans."

Maybe too much quadrant jumping for good gameplay?
 -  
Prophet
The Prefect wrote:I always wondered why we didn't have a Beta Quadrant.

"The Beta Quadrant is one of the quadrants in the Milky Way Galaxy. The space of the Beta Quadrant is home to the Klingon Empire, the Vulcans, the Romulan Star Empire, as well as parts of the United Federation of Planets, the Gorn Hegemony, and the space of Nausicaans."

Maybe too much quadrant jumping for good gameplay?
The difference between the Alpha Quadrant and the Beta Quadrant is entirely unclear in canon Trek. They almost never say which quadrant they are in, and most of the adventures of most of our shows take place in both. I believe Earth is right on the dividing line.

TL;DR: It's unclear and more trouble than it's worth.

-crp
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Yes, "Message in a Bottle" happened in the Beta Quadrant. I had actually meant that the "Broken Link" Defiant takeover happened in the Gamma Quadrant. I was suggesting that if we wanted to use the picture, we should borrow the story from "One Little Ship," which happened in the Alpha Quadrant (at least gameplay-wise) and we could come up with a generic location name (like Interstellar Space). It still doesn't explain why Dominion can't attempt, but...
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]