Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
These will probably be posted officially later, but I wanted to link the recording of my interview early- hoping the other candidates will either adopt some of my thoughts or make a good case why I am wrong.

You can't really vote on the search committee, but I'm interested in what the player base thinks about my proposal- in particularly the structural portion. I am basically campaigning on more autonomy in exchange for more responsibility from the "public". It involves voting for the direction of 2e each year, a public playtest, and being adults. Would people be up for this? Or is it just proposing headaches?

You can watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsOJmyUlIEg
The slides are off-centered in this recording but I hope you can follow along. I present in the first 25 minutes, then answer questions after.

-----

There were questions directed in the other thread that didn't make it in the interview, so I'll answer them here. You might need to watch the video if a response seems puzzling:

Gorgo; set theme and sizes- this is a good question to ask on the Design competition, whatever the winner says I'll go with

Markus; length of errata for typos- ideally these get picked up in the public playtest and are corrected at the update at the end of that month

Monty; something about oil- I think this got addressed in the video

Nerdo; install bad standing- I only install who the public selects

State; Hirogen, Xindi- if the public picks the designer who wants to do it, we do it
State; new game mode- I prefer grassroots movements (HoF, BCF). If they want promoting and support, I'll do it (HoF voting is actually big part of my plans).

Guardian; other games- Little Tribbles, less 1e, Hearthstone (battlegrounds only), and Slay the Spire. I played Star Wars as a teen, Magic a couple times, and Game of Thrones 2e for around a year.

Prefect; 2e like 1e- I think I present a very different vision
Prefect; throw out production- I am proposing some big changes. But I want the current design staff to apply for the competition and make their pitch to the public why they should pursue the existing plans onto next year. If they make the best case, that's what we'd do.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
A strong and interesting vision of the future.

My understanding on the bit about bringing one's own team in (especially for departments like Art) is sketchy: What if I laid out my vision for the next 12 months of 2E ("Make the DQ Great Again!"), won the community thumbs up, but don't know anyone with PhotoShop skills, am I SOL? Or is the default "Sharing 1E resources"? (And if that's the case, if there's a hold-up and my set's not ready when the clock strikes the final toll on my current term, does my stuff get shelved if I don't get re-elected?)

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:A strong and interesting vision of the future.

My understanding on the bit about bringing one's own team in (especially for departments like Art) is sketchy: What if I laid out my vision for the next 12 months of 2E ("Make the DQ Great Again!"), won the community thumbs up, but don't know anyone with PhotoShop skills, am I SOL? Or is the default "Sharing 1E resources"? (And if that's the case, if there's a hold-up and my set's not ready when the clock strikes the final toll on my current term, does my stuff get shelved if I don't get re-elected?)
Thanks.

My expectation in subsequent years is that people will form their own coalition on a shared vision, who will collectively have the capability to produce all the content they expect to release in 1 calendar year. Because you have 1 year, you really need the "departments" aligned to this vision.

Since the pubic wouldn't have a say this year, I am crowdsourcing that vision and letting the public decide. I want current volunteers in these departments to apply, and if they have a vision for this upcoming year, to put it to a vote. But it's open to anyone. Whatever wins out would be our coalition agenda for this year. If it is successful, maybe someone proposes something similar next year?

In your example, if you have a really good idea but can't produce the content, yet somehow get chosen, I suggest you learn :) But before you even run, it would make sense to have a plan for this. If you are really good at the Design part but not the Art, I'd reach out to a person who could help you with that aspect and have them be part of your ticket. There are certain people I will be asking to apply for some of those roles if I am selected, but ultimately it will be the public that decides.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to another one of my homies, @seve[…]

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]