Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Drawing in the orders phase has always been the red headed step child of 2e, but in Bridge Crew Format (see my signature if you don't know what that is), waiting until you can have a play/draw phase to draw is a huge cost. Drawing in the orders phase is crucial to fill your hand with verbs that will be good in your orders turns.

So now I'm interested in if drawing in the orders phase is evenly distributed. Every affiliation can use indebtedness and Stunning Reversal and Defend it and Hope.

Other than that, a few affiliations have "stop a personnel to draw a card", there's a rule of acquisition and a paranoia card. Dominion have a personnel who stops jem'hadar to draw.

A cursory search revealed options for Ferengi, Romulan, Borg, Bajoran, Klingon, DS9, TNG, Cardassian, Dominion <- actually not a bad spread.

Is there anyone noticeably missing in a way that would make them massive underdogs? Or can I trust that the non affiliation specific options are good enough?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
This was a fun little research project, Fritz! For this project, I left out cards that give you extra draws when you play stuff (like [TOS] Earth or Cardassian Protectorate). Let's go down the line:

Here's some stuff anyone can use:
Dilemmas - obviously not YOUR Order phase, but still useful.
Challenging Revision
Dedication to Duty
Flim-flam Artist
Historical Curiosity
Proclamation of Doom
Swashbuckler at Heart
Vian Test

Events
Cripple Engines
Disable Shields
Gatherers' Raid - well, anyone except [Bor]
Greed
Ill-gotten Gains
Indebtedness
Optimism
Quantum Incursions
Strategic Tug-of-War
Target the Main Generator

Interrupts
Defend It and Hope
Fajo's Menagerie
Historical Monitor
Rebuilding the Fleet
Stunning Reversal

Missions - listing stuff here that multiple affiliations may attempt
Agricultural Assessment [Fed] [Kli] [Rom]
Briori Sector, Investigate Corrosion
Cargo Haul [Fer] [NA]
Ceti Alpha V, Find Lifeless World
Penetrate Enemy Lines [Car] [Dom] [Fed] [Kli]
Rigel X, Locate Mysterious Contact
Terikof Belt, Navigate Plasma Storms [Car] [Maq]

[Baj]
Personnel
Winn Adami, Renegade Priest

[Bor]
Event
You Have a Disease

Mission
Northwest Passage, Resist Extradimensional Invasion

Personnel
Calibration Drone
Defragmentation Drone
Seven of Nine, Part of the Greater Whole
Two of Nine, Transtator Drone

[Car]
Events
A Treasure Beyond Comparison
Awaiting Trial
Caught In the Act
Vast Resources

Interrupts
Shri-tal

Personnel
Damar, Ambitious Glinn
Darhe'el, The Butcher of Gallitep
Tora Ziyal, Beloved Daughter

[Dom]
Event
Building a Bridge

Mission
Earth, Conduct Espionage

Personnel
Borath, Psychological Researcher
Borath, Subconscious Projection
Goran'Agar, Trusted Commander
Weyoun, Loyal Subject of the Dominion - Also [TN]

[DS9-E]
Events
Martial Law

[E]
Personnel
Gideon Seyetik, Great Terraformer

[Fer]
Event
Rule of Acquisition #102
Rule of Acquisition #6
We're All On Strike

Interrupt
Sweet Nothings

Personnel
Zek, The Grand Nagus

[Kli]
Dilemma
Klingon Law

Personnel
Alexander Rozhenko, Good Luck Charm
K'Ehleyr, Uncertain Emissary - also [TNG]
K'rad
Valkris, Loyalty Unshaken

[Maq]
Events
Allegiance

Missions
Soltok IV, Transport "Medical Supplies" - does this work? Can you trigger it before you move everyone home on an orders turn?

Personnel
Tom Paris, Starfleet Observer

[NA]
Missions
Settle Holographic Colony

Personnel
Etana Jol, Ktarian Operative
Jadzia Dax, Soldier of Fortune
Kaitaama, Precious Cargo
Malik, Devious Augment
Marla McGivers, Superior Woman
Miss Sarda, Not a Legal Expert
Morn, Barfly
Syrran, Desert Wind

[Rom]
Personnel
N'Vek, Soldier of the Underground
Shinzon, Romulan Praetor

[SF]
Personnel
Charles Tucker III, Horse Trader
Henry Archer, Trailblazing Engineer

[TNG]
Events
New Life

Personnel
Deanna Troi, Guide and Conscience
Jean-Luc Picard, Explorer

[TOS]
Personnel
James T. Kirk, Organizing Crime

[Voy]
Personnel
B'Elanna Torres, Chief Engineer
Lon Suder, Casual Killer
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
Overall, the density of cards for various affiliations makes sense in terms of affiliation flavor. Bajorans shouldn't be good at this because they're in touch with their past (the discard pile) instead of the future (the draw deck). Borg and Klingons access their draw deck via downloads, rather than drawing. Cardassians should have a lot of draw options because they waste resources.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Historical Monitor
I can see this one becoming a staple, considering how many useful small temporal events there are out there.
Maq]
Missions
Soltok IV, Transport "Medical Supplies" - does this work? Can you trigger it before you move everyone home on an orders turn?
Hmmm ... I think the standard is that as the active player you get to choose what order actions take place if they have the same timing. So it probably works on every turn.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
Fritzinger wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote: Maq]
Missions
Hmmm ... I think the standard is that as the active player you get to choose what order actions take place if they have the same timing. So it probably works on every turn.
I can't remember, but in BCF, is the orders turn pull-back mandatory or optional? If mandatory, it should happen before the Soltok draws. If optional, you can decide which order to do them in.
eberlems wrote:Technically not drawing For all our Sons
Good find!

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I tried Cripple Engines et al. (https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index. ... ckID=44439) and was super excited to play it (been trying to build it in standard for months); but I didn't draw them or Ruthless Efficiency in the first 2 turns and never did a supply after it. And never wanted to waste a turn drawing for something I might not get. That's why I advocated 'draw X each turn'.

In practice, probably the best is to use Lamat'ukan so you don't need that part of the combo- but then you don't get Shinzon for the maneuver cycles.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Naetor wrote:I tried Cripple Engines et al. (https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index. ... ckID=44439) and was super excited to play it (been trying to build it in standard for months); but I didn't draw them or Ruthless Efficiency in the first 2 turns and never did a supply after it. And never wanted to waste a turn drawing for something I might not get. That's why I advocated 'draw X each turn'.
That seems like a cool deck, although all the moving parts makes me wonder about what happens if everyone plays decks that interact so much... seems like the time limit could get rough. It also seems like some rough beats on not getting any of your drawing engagements in 2 turns (I assume you were drawing a lot).

In my deck https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index. ... ckID=44378 I threw in the 3x discard 1 to draw 2 and 3x TATV because I knew that I only wanted to take 1 supply turn to get set up and I'd need to draw 12 or so to get all my attribute boosting events.

This is actually slightly counter to the spirit of what I want for BCF... I don't want it to be "perfect setup or broke". The question is: will drawing 1 on execute orders turns lessen the need for the perfect setup? I guess we can hope that it makes cards that play in the orders phase more valuable than stocking lots of draw cards to get the perfect combo.

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]