Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

On a scale of 1 to 5 (where 5 is the most useful), how useful do you think this card is?

12%
8%
24%
32%
24%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Please note there is a mistake on the spoiled version of this card. The region is incorrectly listed as Cardassian System and not Cardassia System. This is a mistake and will be corrected before the release of the PDF.

-crp

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Other fun things to do by giving your opponent extra cards beyond the previously mentioned running their deck out ahead of schedule:

Get lots of intel on what your opponent is playing with effects that look at their hand, like Borath or Swashbuckler at Heart, the latter can then load the top of their deck with interrupts when they might rather draw anything else.

Play Shared Hallucination to make the extra cards a liability.

Extra cards in hand don't matter if you catch them with The Dreamer and the Dream.

Decks without HQs tend to have to be careful about how many cards are in hand in the early game if they go space first. Loading them up with extras might force them to discard mid to late game cards they drew early.

In any game with somewhat fixed resource management, drawing too fast can be a big bonus, but also a big liability if a player is stalled out. If you suddenly have 3-4 extra cards in hand and have to play a ship that might cost a whole turn of counters, then unless you've got effects to discard during your turn you may be scrapping all of those extra cards, or sacrifice a turn to put stuff out rather than discard if the value is too high to lose.

Was also mentioned before, but the opportunity to open up [AQ] missions as native quadrant rather than spend extra range to go home isn't nothing. Gelnon without the extra HQ range, yes please!

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
Cmdr Xym wrote: ↑Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:55 am
Maelwys wrote: ↑Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:26 pm
eberlems wrote: ↑Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:32 pm card db entry just changed :shifty:
Image changed too, I was going to change them both at once but somebody beat me to it. ;-)
When you click on the card, the full size image still has the typo.
It's a cache issue. I cleared my cookies and cache and now it's right.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
WeyounsLastClone wrote: ↑Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:50 pm
StateofSTCCG wrote: ↑Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:07 am I give it a 1. I'm not sure I see anything great about giving my opponent free draws unless we get something in this set that benefits doing so. I hope we finally get the long awaited non-unique Breen warship.
I can imagine giving your opponent a benefit can affect your opinion on this card, but feels you are being overly harsh to just be negative.

Having foothold directly in the AQ might really benefit, and you are the first one to benefit from the draw.
I don't like cards that give my opponent card draws. Sorry if am being negative but the card itself is a negative to me. [HA]

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
StateofSTCCG wrote: ↑Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:54 am
WeyounsLastClone wrote: ↑Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:50 pm
StateofSTCCG wrote: ↑Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:07 am I give it a 1. I'm not sure I see anything great about giving my opponent free draws unless we get something in this set that benefits doing so. I hope we finally get the long awaited non-unique Breen warship.
I can imagine giving your opponent a benefit can affect your opinion on this card, but feels you are being overly harsh to just be negative.

Having foothold directly in the AQ might really benefit, and you are the first one to benefit from the draw.
I don't like cards that give my opponent card draws. Sorry if am being negative but the card itself is a negative to me. [HA]
So is Keevan a bad card?

Gonik?
Worf, Son of Mogh?
Kurn, Son of Mogh?
Mutual Advantage?

Having played all of these cards at one point or another I can tell you it's a very rare game state where the benefit isn't worth the cost.

If it's personal preference, then sure, to each their own and whatnot, but I think the case that a card that gives your opponent a draw is objectively bad is a tough case to make. It's all about cost/ benefit.

:twocents:
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

You can also click on the tournament results and t[…]

No, because the set was released yesterday, so the[…]

New Tribbles set Bad Moon

Why has no one confirmed the obvious. [Trob] […]