Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

On a scale of 1 to 5 (where 5 is the most useful), how useful do you think this card is?

12%
8%
24%
32%
24%

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I can't promise doing this every day, but with a new set coming out, and getting a new HQ at it, at least wanted to start one for this.

What do you think of the card? Will you start to use it? Any strategies coming to mind?

I think it will be interesting to see how operating out of the AQ will support Dominion. The bonus is nice, plenty of species to benefit from. Not sure how much it will help your opponent.

I do hope there's some way to get Cardassians (either as resources to use, or as collaborators) on the planet some way.

By Jesseon (Jesse Warburton)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I get the impression that we're going to be getting some [Dom] Cardassians to go along with it, because it is kinda weird to have Cardassia but no Cardassians.

I really like that both players get the draw for that Dark Federation feel.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
So after a quick perusal of existing and hinted 2e Dominion species I found:

Breen
Cardassian
Changeling
Dosi
Ferengi
Human
Jem'Hadar
Karemma
Ochshea
Son'a
Tosk
Vorta

Assuming there's a worthwhile card for each species, the HQ will be triggered up to 12 times over the course of the game, possibly more if I missed any or if they add any surprises. That's actually a lot more than I initially thought!
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
rferries wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:21 pm So after a quick perusal of existing and hinted 2e Dominion species I found:

Breen
Cardassian
Changeling
Dosi
Ferengi
Human
Jem'Hadar
Karemma
Ochshea
Son'a
Tosk
Vorta

Assuming there's a worthwhile card for each species, the HQ will be triggered up to 12 times over the course of the game, possibly more if I missed any or if they add any surprises. That's actually a lot more than I initially thought!
And if someone dies, or is returned to hand, or is stopped at the time another personnel is played (see Nathan's release article!) - there are possibly even more opportunities.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
I think I will not use it. It has too many downsides: no other HQ, no [NA] help, and giving the opponent a carddraw is not what I want. The [Dom] [H] in [AQ] seems to me no benefit. If I want to play an [AQ] Deck I will use one of the older [H]'s and use Expedient Opportunity plus Distant Exploration which will give me much more benefits...

so I voted for 1

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
rferries wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:21 pm So after a quick perusal of existing and hinted 2e Dominion species I found:

Breen
Cardassian
Changeling
Dosi
Ferengi
Human
Jem'Hadar
Karemma
Ochshea
Son'a
Tosk
Vorta

There's also a Bajoran who can play there.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
GooeyChewie wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:47 am

Breen
Cardassian
Changeling
Dosi
Ferengi
Human
Jem'Hadar
Karemma
Ochshea
Son'a
Tosk
Vorta

There's also a Bajoran who can play there.
Good find! But she doesn't trigger the HQ's text.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
OKCoyote wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:21 am Good find! But she doesn't trigger the HQ's text.
True. I was thinking of a for-fun-not-winning deck using Bajoran Sector and various ways to bring Feds into Dominion Cardassia Prime. Mostly I figured Captain on the Bridge.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
2E Sector 001 Regional Champion 2023
WeyounsLastClone wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:43 am I can't promise doing this every day, but with a new set coming out, and getting a new HQ at it, at least wanted to start one for this.

What do you think of the card? Will you start to use it? Any strategies coming to mind?

I think it will be interesting to see how operating out of the AQ will support Dominion. The bonus is nice, plenty of species to benefit from. Not sure how much it will help your opponent.

I do hope there's some way to get Cardassians (either as resources to use, or as collaborators) on the planet some way.
You may want to check the CC Facebook page... :shifty:
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I give it a 1. I'm not sure I see anything great about giving my opponent free draws unless we get something in this set that benefits doing so. I hope we finally get the long awaited non-unique Breen warship.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
StateofSTCCG wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:07 am I give it a 1. I'm not sure I see anything great about giving my opponent free draws unless we get something in this set that benefits doing so. I hope we finally get the long awaited non-unique Breen warship.
I can imagine giving your opponent a benefit can affect your opinion on this card, but feels you are being overly harsh to just be negative.

Having foothold directly in the AQ might really benefit, and you are the first one to benefit from the draw.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
It could help me mill my opponent out, if I were inclined to try out that strategy. Double deckouts result in FWs.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]