Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

On a scale of 1 to 5 (where 5 is the most useful), how useful do you think this card is?

29%
57%
14%
No votes
0%
No votes
0%

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Military Recon Program

First of all, I like that Holoprograms show up again. I had only hoped it would be a bit more fun and easy to use. To me, it feels convoluted and resource-consuming for its effect, especially that it only affects 3 cost or less.

Maybe I'm missing some nice interaction or cool way to use it, so would love to hear about it, if that's the case :)
Last edited by WeyounsLastClone on Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm a little disappointed that this card doesn't work for the [Dom] in some shape or form. I probably will never use this card. 1/10. [Door]

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
StateofSTCCG wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:17 am I'm a little disappointed that this card doesn't work for the [Dom] in some shape or form. I probably will never use this card. 1/10. [Door]
I can see where you are coming from, but think 1/10 is a bit harsh, as that would mean it has no redeeming quality whatsoever. It can still provide you a useful kill, in addition to provide benefit of cards that interact with Holoprograms. I fully agree it is a strange choice with the Jem'Hadar theming, but who knows what other cards in the set might work with this?

I see I forgot to add the poll... you can add your 1/5 there :)
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
WeyounsLastClone wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:41 am
StateofSTCCG wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:17 am I'm a little disappointed that this card doesn't work for the [Dom] in some shape or form. I probably will never use this card. 1/10. [Door]
I can see where you are coming from, but think 1/10 is a bit harsh, as that would mean it has no redeeming quality whatsoever. It can still provide you a useful kill, in addition to provide benefit of cards that interact with Holoprograms. I fully agree it is a strange choice with the Jem'Hadar theming, but who knows what other cards in the set might work with this?

I see I forgot to add the poll... you can add your 1/5 there :)
Thanks, Done! :D

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
It's a narrow-used card, to be sure. But when you do use it to deny your opponent a key personnel, it can have a huge effect. And in a deck with Iden you might include it primarily to help him cycle cards with the rest of the text as a possible icing on the cake.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:13 pm It's a narrow-used card, to be sure. But when you do use it to deny your opponent a key personnel, it can have a huge effect. And in a deck with Iden you might include it primarily to help him cycle cards with the rest of the text as a possible icing on the cake.
I do agree I would probably use it to cycle my cards with Iden but I also don't find the Hologram decks that much of fun.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Because it doesn't do anything if they've already played the named personnel, and it can take a decent chunk of time/effort to stack a Holoprogram, I don't see this being as useful at it might first appear - even as a niche card. You either need to get lucky and not have them pull the person they really need until you're ready, or else find a way to kill the named personnel in order to be able to use this for the next attempt. I think it'd find a place in my decks, but it certainly isn't going to do anything to a Khan or Damaged Archer or anyone else who is key to a deck; those will be downloaded and played long before this thing activates.

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]