Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Let's keep it real, CC's 2E game hasn't been up too par for a lot of people for years. I'm hoping that the bleeding can somewhat stop for a bit once all the cards are revealed in this set. Yes I know some people say I'm too cruel to some of the card designers in their game but when there are things that don't look great and are not balanced, I'm going to call out every one of them to know how I feel about their game they're continuing from the Great Minds from Decipher.

I'm just posting this to remind people that things do change. Our country and world have changed in 2020. Can the CC change and fix their 2E game and make it GREAT again? Only time will tell. I'm praying to the prophets that change will happen and 2E will again continue to be a fun and a great game again. I also hope that CC can get back some of the play groups it has lost over the years due to the quality of their game. May CC Live Long and Prosper! :cheersL: :cheersR:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
StateofSTCCG wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:03 pm Great Minds from Decipher.
I get your sentiment, but let's not pretend that the game was perfect in the Decipher era. Far from it.

Having just run an entire tournament series this year that revisited various parts of the Decipher era, I can tell you that there were periods of good and bad.

My personal opinion is that the era from Necessary Evil through Reflections was peak 2e. The game continued to grow and expand well beyond that of course, but with that growth and expansion came some not so great cards and degenerate strategies that didn't necessarily make the overall game better.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
I know this is going to sound self-serving coming from a designer on this set, but I think Design tends to be a very convenient scapegoat.

In my experience running events large and small over the last six or seven years, I can tell you that a significant contribitor to how people feel about 2e is the health of their local playgroup. Decisions made by Design or OP or Errata can certainly move the needle, but the best design in the world can't compensate for a playgroup that's dying out due to attrition, lack of leadership, the presence of an over-dominant player, toxic relationships, or other factors that have nothing to do with the cards.

That's not to say Design shouldn't always be striving for excellence. We should and we do. And, we absolutely want players to tell us when they think we've fallen short. But, expecting Design alone to restore 2e to some mythical golden age state is unrealistic. The future of 2e will largely be determined by we the players.
Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keyword […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]