Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
How does Playing by the Rules affect 'Persistent 'dilemmas, e.g. The First Duty.

The Persistent keyword mentions "when your personnel complete this mission..."
PbtR says: "....during a mission attempt..."

So I don't think my opponent can prevent the return of my Persistent with PbtR since the mission attempt has already been completed.
Is this correct?

Last edited by TyKajada on Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I believe that this is correct. Playing by the Rules doesn’t mess with Persistent. My Borg breathe a Collective sigh of relief.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:33 pm I believe that this is correct. Playing by the Rules doesn’t mess with Persistent. My Borg breathe a Collective sigh of relief.
I see what you did there... :borg:

By Winner of Borg (Stefan Slaby)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E European Continental Champion 2023
1E Austrian National Champion 2023
2E Austrian National Champion 2022
"during a mission attempt in which it was faced" should only hit those persistent dilemmas that have been faced in the last attempt that solves the mission and triggers the persistent ability

"from beneath an incomplete mission" shouldn't hit persistent dilemmas at all (unless they are being returned early by some other cards)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Winner of Borg wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:24 am "during a mission attempt in which it was faced" should only hit those persistent dilemmas that have been faced in the last attempt that solves the mission and triggers the persistent ability
Urgh. Memory problems. But correct, now that I look at 5d in the rule book.
Winner of Borg wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:24 am"from beneath an incomplete mission" shouldn't hit persistent dilemmas at all (unless they are being returned early by some other cards)
I tried out a Juxtaposition in my recent megaborg deck and found it to be completely useless.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
That's really dumb, but at least the Persistent player can choose to not activate those specific dilemmas.
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0