Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
More of Gravy Than of Grave is a 4-coster that might stop three (if it doesn't, it doesn't do anything). I guess it'll work better against teams of five or fewer, but the cost of 4 makes putting a filter (bar Urgency) before it a little difficult.

What are you thoughts? Will you give it a go?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
eberlems wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:33 am What if the 3 selected have 0 skills?
I think then it's probably overcome. Something to do with this line in the rulebook "If a personnel has multiple levels of the same skill, he or she can meet a requirement for any levels of that skill equal to or less than the number he or she has."

Also, I dread to think of the situation where that would happen. That's a sucky away team.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:33 am My question is: Will this card see enough play to cause a resurgence of Stricken Dumb and is that a good thing?
If it was cheaper - maybe.

I like the thought of making one of those selected lose skills, rather than trying to make the unselected gain skills :thumbsup:

By Cmdr Xym (Joseph Bazemore)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm glad there's a thread about this because a ruling had to be made at our local recently. And I'm not sure if the ruling is correct or not.

Scenario:
I'm facing the dilemma and three personnel are selected. Two of them each have 1 Security and the third has 2 Security. So...are my total unselected personnel required to have at least 4 Security? That's how I read it. The TD ruled that levels don't matter in this case and only 1 Security total was required.

The question is, which is it?
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Cmdr Xym wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:30 pm I'm glad there's a thread about this because a ruling had to be made at our local recently. And I'm not sure if the ruling is correct or not.

Scenario:
I'm facing the dilemma and three personnel are selected. Two of them each have 1 Security and the third has 2 Security. So...are my total unselected personnel required to have at least 4 Security? That's how I read it. The TD ruled that levels don't matter in this case and only 1 Security total was required.

The question is, which is it?
In my opinion, it should be all of the skills. You would have needed 4 Security.

-crp

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I’ve always played it and similar cards* to include all levels of the skills.

*There’s quite a few:

Broken Captive
Compromised Tactics
Dumb Waiter
Founder Trap
Lack of Preparation
Pawn Against Pawn
Secret Conspiracy
The Next Phase
War Games

Since Discovery is really just The Michael Burnham[…]

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]