Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
More of Gravy Than of Grave is a 4-coster that might stop three (if it doesn't, it doesn't do anything). I guess it'll work better against teams of five or fewer, but the cost of 4 makes putting a filter (bar Urgency) before it a little difficult.

What are you thoughts? Will you give it a go?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
eberlems wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:33 am What if the 3 selected have 0 skills?
I think then it's probably overcome. Something to do with this line in the rulebook "If a personnel has multiple levels of the same skill, he or she can meet a requirement for any levels of that skill equal to or less than the number he or she has."

Also, I dread to think of the situation where that would happen. That's a sucky away team.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:33 am My question is: Will this card see enough play to cause a resurgence of Stricken Dumb and is that a good thing?
If it was cheaper - maybe.

I like the thought of making one of those selected lose skills, rather than trying to make the unselected gain skills :thumbsup:

By Cmdr Xym (Joseph Bazemore)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm glad there's a thread about this because a ruling had to be made at our local recently. And I'm not sure if the ruling is correct or not.

Scenario:
I'm facing the dilemma and three personnel are selected. Two of them each have 1 Security and the third has 2 Security. So...are my total unselected personnel required to have at least 4 Security? That's how I read it. The TD ruled that levels don't matter in this case and only 1 Security total was required.

The question is, which is it?
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Cmdr Xym wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:30 pm I'm glad there's a thread about this because a ruling had to be made at our local recently. And I'm not sure if the ruling is correct or not.

Scenario:
I'm facing the dilemma and three personnel are selected. Two of them each have 1 Security and the third has 2 Security. So...are my total unselected personnel required to have at least 4 Security? That's how I read it. The TD ruled that levels don't matter in this case and only 1 Security total was required.

The question is, which is it?
In my opinion, it should be all of the skills. You would have needed 4 Security.

-crp

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I’ve always played it and similar cards* to include all levels of the skills.

*There’s quite a few:

Broken Captive
Compromised Tactics
Dumb Waiter
Founder Trap
Lack of Preparation
Pawn Against Pawn
Secret Conspiracy
The Next Phase
War Games
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]