Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I'm playing around with Ferengi a lot lately, and I have a set of missions I want to do, but I'm a bit concerned about needing extra points. I did a little research and I came up with the following list of ways Ferengi can score bonus points and get around the Phoenix or similar:
Brunt, Acting Grand Nagus - I'd rather use Nice Guy or FCA Liquidator, honestly
Daimon Solok, Cargo Runner - easy addition
Ferengi Tradition - risky if opponent is running event prevention
Tongo - downloadable by Jadzia, but also risky against some affiliations. You can at least stack the top card with Moogie.
U.S.S. Enterprise-D, Salvaged Ship - I go back an forth on liking this card. Has anyone here used it successfully?
A variety of missions, some of which are better suited than others (I want to use Mine Vendarite, but that darn strength requirement really gets me down.)

So, am I missing anything obvious? I guess I could Raise the Stakes, but I'm not a gambler and that card makes me nervous.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hmmm. Could you actually use Raise the Stakes and build a dilemma pile to take advantage of it? In theory, it might make Nothing to Lose even more difficult. Are there a few other, similar dilemmas that you could use to mitigate the opponent's advantage?

-crp

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
They have a decent number of commanders, so you could go with Mission Accomplished. Brunt, Quark and Zek each command ships which require only two personnel to staff (though Zek doesn't contribute himself).
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
A Raise the Stakes complimentary dilemma pile would also have Adopted Authority in it as well as thinks like The Clown: Bitter Medicine and A Living Death. I feel like there must be a few other dilemmas out there that punish you for having high attributes, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:42 am They have a decent number of commanders, so you could go with Mission Accomplished. Brunt, Quark and Zek each command ships which require only two personnel to staff (though Zek doesn't contribute himself).
That's an intriguing idea.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

I used Salvaged Ship a couple times when it was released. I actually found the Programming requirement cumbersome. Back in the day there weren't many Ferengi Programming personnel, that might be better today, worth a try. So you might get stranded and most definitely need a ferry ship.

Ferengi Tradition does need event prevention prevention or it's aweful.

Tongo Is still your best bet. As said Ishka helps but also dilemmas that check the top of opponent's deck, like Arrogance, Swashbuckler, You Vant to go back or Caretaker.

Manipulating your own deck is best with Ishka and Seven who can be rescued with Runabout Search
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:37 am Hmmm. Could you actually use Raise the Stakes and build a dilemma pile to take advantage of it? In theory, it might make Nothing to Lose even more difficult. Are there a few other, similar dilemmas that you could use to mitigate the opponent's advantage?

-crp
I used Parallel Romance instead of Raise the Stakes, but Becalmed and Adopted Authority both pair well with it. (Relevant decklist.)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:25 pm Oooo, I always want to like Becalmed, but it never seems to hit. I like that combo very much.
Um... what?

Becalmed has won me games. And it's Donatra-proof. Not a lot to not like.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
I seem to have bad luck with random selection for it.

I have the same problem with Ardent Predator and Hard of Heart. They always work against me and very rarely for me.

Saru Burnham As mentioned upthread, this is[…]

I (albeit a native English speaker) certainly read[…]

Temporal Benefactor questions

1) yes. 2) yes. 3) only the regular skills a[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Thanks for the good game :-)