Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Day 4 was an interesting one. I only received one ballot, from a European player, and while the bubble didn't move much, the outliers did.

The number of "Green Zone" cards - cards that are almost certain to be enshrined - increased from 1 to 3; The cream of this class is definitely rising to the top.

At the same time, the number of "Red Zone" cards - cards that approximately need a miracle to even work their way back into consideration - ALSO increased from 17 to 24.

How can one ballot have so much power, you ask? Simple: It was the 26th ballot received, which matches the turnout for 2018. We're now in the "turnout zone" - the range where past results resemble present results enough to start making some projections. At this point it would take 10 more ballots to exceed the highest turnout on record (2019 - 35 Ballots), and in some cases, even if all 10 of those ballots were "Yes" votes for some of these cards, they STILL wouldn't clear the 65% threshold necessary for enshrinement in the Hall of Fame.

This is also why the "Green Zone" count is so much lower - No votes carry more weight than Yes votes, so you need more Yes votes to lock up a spot. While 10 straight No votes might knock some of these top cards off their perch, based on what I've seen so far, I'd be surprised if this set of cards got that much resistance from the community given that same community's overwhelming support to date.

Now, having said all of that, nothing is set in stone. Projections are just that, and upsets have been known to happen. But even if they don't, that's only 27 out of 82 cards that have been "called" - which means there's 55 cards whose fate is still squarely within your - the community's - hands.

Thank you to everyone who has voted so far and given us such strong turnout in only 4 days of voting! Keep those ballots coming in! :cheersL:
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Cool update. Thanks for doing all this work for us, Brian! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
It's been a few days since my last update, and after the initial surge, things have definitely slowed down.

Administrative note: If you submitted a HoF ballot, and did NOT receive an acknowledgement PM from me that your ballot has been recorded, please let me know. I tried to hit everybody, but if I didn't I want to make sure I'm keeping things straight.

I'm currently at 27 ballots in, having received one more Friday night.

That one ballot was fairly light on Yes votes, however, and as a result, 7 more cards have moved into the "red zone" and will likely remain in the card pool for 2021. This takes the "red zone" total to 31, while the "green zone" total remains unchanged at 3.

That means there are still 48 cards out there whose fate is up to you, the voters, to decide. There's a lot of cards right around the cut line so every ballot still matters - get yours in today!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I've gotten 5 more ballots in since my last update, including my own ballot, which I cast on Friday.

At this point the bubble is really starting to tighten up. It looks like there's about 16 cards whose HoF fates are still very much in doubt.

However, every vote counts, and if we get enough votes in, my projections get thrown out the window - that would be a good problem to have because it would mean that records are getting shattered!

As we head into the last few days of open voting, I wanted to announce this year's special election night coverage!

This year, I'll be hosting the Hall of Fame: Civil War Election Night Spectacular. This special broadcast is brought to you by our friends at the Tower of Commerce. Why "Civil War" you ask? Well I'll be joined by two degenerates from The Botherhood without Manners: John Corbett (@KillerB ) and Ben Hosp (@bhosp ), and I've been told they have a lot of nerd arguments to hash out over this year's Hall of Fame ballot and results!

Between John and Ben's arguing and my giving Steve Kornacki a run for his money with the HoF Election Big Board, if that's not must see internet nerd TV, then I don't know what is! Don't miss it!

And it's not too late! Get those ballots in!

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Armus wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:02 am This year, I'll be hosting the Hall of Fame: Civil War Election Night Spectacular.
Where? When?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Danny wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:26 am
Armus wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:02 am This year, I'll be hosting the Hall of Fame: Civil War Election Night Spectacular.
Where? When?
Next Sunday/ Early Monday server time right after the polls close! It'll be 10pm my time (Central Time Zone US)

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:55 am
Danny wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:26 am
Where? When?
Next Sunday/ Early Monday server time right after the polls close! It'll be 10pm my time (Central Time Zone US)
Can the reigning World Champion join?

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
I know the two ways you indicated ballots are supposed to be done, but, after trying to send the pm version of my ballot, the website kicked me off while I was attempting to do so, so I lost about a half hour of my time. I’m not doing it that way again, so here it is, hopefully. Thanks.

2021 Hall of Fame Ballot:
[D] Dilemmas:
Back to Basics Y
Chula: The Chandra Y
Greater needs N
Healing hand N
Honorable Pursuit N
Inequitable Exchange Y
Infestation N
Insurrection Y
Outclassed Y
Pitching In N