Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
With the nomination window now closed, here is your 2021 Hall of Fame Ballot:
[D] Dilemmas:
Back to Basics
Chula: The Chandra
Greater needs
Healing hand
Honorable Pursuit
Inequitable Exchange
Infestation
Insurrection
Outclassed
Pitching In
Recurring Injury
Revelry
Secret Identity
Timescape
Tsiolkovsky Infection
Vault of Tomorrow
Well-Prepared Defenses

[Equ] Equipment:
Emergency Transport Unit
Trellium-D

[Evt] Events:
Christening
Confessions in the Pale Moonlight
Coordinated Counterattack
Cry "Havoc"!
Disadvantage Into Advantage
Energize
Far-Seeing Eyes
Firestorm
Labor Camp
No Win Situation
Organized Terrorist Activities
Party Atmosphere
Prejudice and Politics
Stir Crazy
Surprise Party
Tacking into the Wind
The New Resistance

[Int] Interrupts:
Covenant

[H] Missions:
Alpha 5 Approach, Transport Crash Survivors
Assess Contamination
Athos IV, Maquis Base
Caretaker's Array
Ceti Alpha V, Find Lifeless World
Commandeer Prototype
Earth, Cradle of the Federation
Earth, Lush and Beautiful Home
Mining Survey
Qo'noS, Heart of the Empire
Romulus, Seat of Power
Secure Strategic Base
Selay, Transport Delegations
Unicomplex, Root of the Hive Mind

Personnel
[Baj] Basso Tromac
[Bor] Borg Queen, Guardian of the Hive
[Bor] Locutus, Voice of the Borg
[Bor] Second, Neonatal Drone
[Bor] Two of Two, Adaptation Drone
[Car] Evek, Agent of Cardassian Justice
[Car] Mila, Trusted Confidante
[Dom] [TN] Tozara'Kesh
[Fed] [TNG] Davies
[Fed] [E] Jaresh-Inyo, Federation President
[Fed] [TOS] Leonard H. McCoy, Chief Medical Officer
[Fed] [E] Luther Sloan, Man of Secrets
[Fed] [TNG] Orfil Quinteros
[Fer] Brunt, FCA Liquidator
[Fer] Reyga, Young Scientist
[Kli] Alexander Rozhenko, K'mtar
[Kli] Chang
[Kli] K'tal, Senior Council Member
[Kli] Kahmis
[NA] Ezri Tigan
[NA] Lore, Brother and Son
[NA] Tolian Soran
[Rom] Donatra, Honorable Commander
[Rom] Tal, Alert Subcommander
[Rom] Thexor

Ships
[Bor] Sphere 117, Renegade Borg Sphere
[Car] Galor
[Fed] [TOS] [E] I.K.S. Qel'Poh, H.M.S. Bounty
[Fed] [TNG] U.S.S. Enterprise-D, Personal Flagship
[Kli] I.K.S. K'Vort
[Rom] D'Deridex Advanced
To vote, copy/paste the above into a Private Message, put a "Y" or "N" next to each card, and send it to me here, or you can message me on Discord with your Ballot (@Armus). The question being asked of each card is "should this card be inducted into the Hall of Fame?" So if you think a given card should be retired, vote "Y" for the card. If you think the card should not be retired, vote "N." Any card receiving a 65% or more "Y" vote will be inducted into the Hall of Fame as part of the 2021 class.

All votes must be received by 11:59pm server time on February 28th, 2021.

If you have any questions, please post them here, PM me, or message me on Discord.

The annual Hall of Fame vote is a great way for the community to come together and decide the future of this grass roots tournament format. Obviously the more participation we have, the more reflective of the community consensus opinion the results will be.

I also would encourage anyone who feels strongly about a card to advocate for their position here. This thread should be considered an open dialog on the merits of all of the cards nominated.

Thank you in advance for your participation and engagement. I look forward to seeing the results! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I know a lot of HQs got nominated, and I completely understand the urge to vote no and not burn down proverbial trees.

But just so we're all clear, the Ceti Alpha V that was nominated (Find Lifeless World) is NOT the "Khan HQ" - that would be Forge Settlement and is NOT on the ballot.

The CA5 that was nominated is the one from What You Leave Behind that allows mass dumping and drawing, which is a super powerful setup for a Bajoran deck.

Anyone who played against Nate's evil Bajorans last year knows what I'm talking about. There's a reason he nominated it.

I plan on voting yes on this card and would encourage others to do the same. This will in no way prevent you from playing Khan in the future.

Thank you for your consideration. :cheersL:

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Once again I'm excited for this format of Second Edition. I'm really glad that it is not under the control of the CC and still remains an independent institution that breathes life into a game where outside of HoF, in my opinion, turns into seeing the same card multiple times across a tournament. This is a great way to reinvigorate a format and deck design and maybe a First Edition version of this should be done also.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Pretty sure I just voted "No" on a card I nominated. lol FAIL

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LORE wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:27 pm Pretty sure I just voted "No" on a card I nominated. lol FAIL
:lol:
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Almost All Yesses

I voted for one HQ (Let the lord of Chaos Rule)

I also have one no vote, because it is the funniest thing about HOF so far.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
pfti wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:52 pm I voted for one HQ (Let the lord of Chaos Rule)
This guy's bringing BIG Robert Jordan energy to the HoF voting process. Solid. 8)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
LORE wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:27 pm Pretty sure I just voted "No" on a card I nominated. lol FAIL
I'm pretty sure I've done that in the past.

Here's another goof for you. I went to check to see what I nominated because I couldn't remember it. I have found to my horror that I apparently didn't nominate anything at all this year. I fully recall sitting down, perusing set lists and planning out what I would nominate, and somehow failed to press the submit button. :o

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:33 pm
I'm pretty sure I've done that in the past.

Here's another goof for you. I went to check to see what I nominated because I couldn't remember it. I have found to my horror that I apparently didn't nominate anything at all this year. I fully recall sitting down, perusing set lists and planning out what I would nominate, and somehow failed to press the submit button. :o
And now we have Nate trying to pull some write-in shenanigans with Staffer Sisko.

THANKS MAGGIE

#MaggiesFault

:P

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
So 24 hours after the ballot going live, I'm pleased to report that I got no less than THIRTEEN (13) ballot submissions from the player community today. Of those 13, 11 were from US players and 2 were from European players. Of the US players, 9 geographic areas and 3 time zones were covered. Not bad for day 1!

Special shoutout to @monty42 for being the first one across the finish line with a complete ballot! :cheersL:

The preliminary results are interesting. I'm definitely seeing some early trends, both toward retiring some cards and against retiring others, and in some cases, some dead-even splits.

Of the 82 cards nominated, only ONE has gotten a unanimous vote so far. We'll see if that holds up going forward.

I just wanted to post this update and thank everyone who has participated so far. And for those who haven't, what are you waiting for? Get those ballots in!! :D

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
pfti wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:52 pm Almost All Yesses

I voted for one HQ (Let the lord of Chaos Rule)

I also have one no vote, because it is the funniest thing about HOF so far.
I went heavy yes - almost everything that wasn't a HQ, the Borg sphere, or TCS (sorry, Mike).

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
7 more ballots came in on day 2, taking us to a nice even 20 responses so far. This is a great start and I'd like to personally thank everyone who has submitted a ballot to this point. I love seeing the enthusiasm and engagement from the community!

As far as what I'm seeing so far, here's some numbers to chew on:

80%/20% split between American and non-American players. 3 continents covered - can we get 4?

Proving that a sufficiently large group of nerds will be unable to agree on anything, there are now zero consensus cards remaining. :P

Of the 82 cards nominated, 40 of them are currently "above the line" and on track for induction. Of those 40, there are 9 cards that I would be shocked if they didn't get in. On the flip side, there are 9 cards "below the line" that have sufficient "N" votes at this point that it would take record turnout AND no more "N" votes to get them into the hall.

So assuming those outliers hold, that leaves 64 cards with their fate still up in the air! Are there cards you want to see get their gold jacket (That's an NFL Football Hall of Fame reference for those who are unfamiliar)? Are there cards that you aren't ready to let go yet?

Your votes will decide what happens. Don't let others choose for you, get those ballots in! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Another day, another Ballot update!

5 more ballots came in today, taking the total to 25. With one Euro and four Americans checking in, we've maintained the 80/20 split we started yesterday.

We've also increased the "red zone" card count to 17. At the same time, there's one card so popular that I've moved it to the "Green Zone" - a virtual lock for the hall at this point.

Where the real action is is right around the bubble. I had several cards move above and below the line with each successive Ballot I tallied, and right now there's 36 cards within 2 votes of the cut line either way. With so many cards within striking distance - or falling distance - of the hall, every vote counts, so get yours in!
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation