Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
I get hit by Journey to the Past, it goes in my core, and three personnel are placed on it. If I play Emergency Repairs, and use its first Order, how many personnel do I move from JttP onto my ship? One? Or all three?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Danny wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:14 am I get hit by Journey to the Past, it goes in my core, and three personnel are placed on it. If I play Emergency Repairs, and use its first Order, how many personnel do I move from JttP onto my ship? One? Or all three?
I'd say all three. 'Personnel' can be singular or plural, but to me, removing the dilemma from the game implies there's nobody left on it when you're done with ER.

I'll also point out that ER got made before JTTP so I'm not sure how/if the JTTP designers/playtesters contemplated that interaction at the time.

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:47 amI'd say all three. 'Personnel' can be singular or plural, but to me, removing the dilemma from the game implies there's nobody left on it when you're done with ER.

I'll also point out that ER got made before JTTP so I'm not sure how/if the JTTP designers/playtesters contemplated that interaction at the time.
I'd say the same if I were ruling it.

I don't recall if it came up in testing, but as one of the designers from that set I think it's great that there's a counter. Not being able to do so would make boring gameplay. You can do similar to its sister Dilemma (Where No One Has Gone Before) by using abilities that allow you to relocate ships.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
flrazor wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:38 pm
Armus wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:47 amI'd say all three. 'Personnel' can be singular or plural, but to me, removing the dilemma from the game implies there's nobody left on it when you're done with ER.

I don't recall if it came up in testing, but as one of the designers from that set I think it's great that there's a counter. Not being able to do so would make boring gameplay. You can do similar to its sister Dilemma (Where No One Has Gone Before) by using abilities that allow you to relocate ships.
Interesting. I would assume "personnel" in gamespeak is singular unless modified, but I haven't done a search to make sure that holds water. I defer to you guys.

I don't recall any conversation either, but now I'm wondering if a personnel aboard a ship on WNOHGB is eligible for ER. They are "on" the dilemma in a real world sense, but in a game sense WNOHGB only tells you to put the ship on the dilemma. The personnel just come along for the ride aboard the ship.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The Guardian wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:29 pm
flrazor wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:38 pm

Interesting. I would assume "personnel" in gamespeak is singular unless modified, but I haven't done a search to make sure that holds water. I defer to you guys.

I don't recall any conversation either, but now I'm wondering if a personnel aboard a ship on WNOHGB is eligible for ER. They are "on" the dilemma in a real world sense, but in a game sense WNOHGB only tells you to put the ship on the dilemma. The personnel just come along for the ride aboard the ship.
That's a fair point, Richard. I don't like relying on English arguments when we all know 2English is a thing.

Maybe @Marquetry can give us a Rules Mistress blessing one way or the other.

Paging Amber!

Since Discovery is really just The Michael Burnham[…]

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]