Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Today I had an amazing 2E game. I was pretty much locked out by turn 3. But we played dilemmas as fast as we could. And continued playing. I played pretty well dilemmas as did my opponent locking me out. Time ran out and I could prevent his last attempt. I offered him to take his last turn, but he didn't cause time ran out. He took the modified win. "I play by the rules", he said. That is great and memorable sportsmanship! I never look at the clock, never. And I am now in doubt. Cause I granted so many full wins after time was called in online play in both editions. Should one be strict about time or be negligent regarding game flow?
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I personally belive that the clock is part of the game. One should not stall.
Decks need to be designed to win in time, not just win.

I have had opponents confess they have decks that hope their opponent concedes because they do not think they can win in time (more often in 1E). Not using the clock allows these stratagies to take advantage of your good will and removes a key constraint from deck building.

That being said, I try to not be a jerk about it and try to add time if there is any doubt that outside circumstances delayed us (even if it means I lose a game I am winning).

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The time limit matters, else we wouldn’t have it. If you need to stop the clock for extenuating circumstances then that’s fine, but once you hit 75min of gameplay that’s that and time should be called. People shouldn’t be jerks about it, but they shouldn’t feel bad about following the rules and ensuring a fair and consistent play environment either.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
That being said, I try to not be a jerk about it and try to add time if there is any doubt that outside circumstances delayed us (even if it means I lose a game I am winning).
And that is what I find so memorable: Despite my offer to get him another turn for a FW he by himself called it a MW. Taking clock for our game. Great sportsmanship, Steve. Not for me, I'd have lost anyway, but for the others in the tournament.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
One should not stall.
Nobody stalled here.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Jon, you nail it. I played a famous interaction-dude in 1E various times and played for about two hours till he got his thing done. FW. Which would have been a mod loss in time.Which would be fine, since my 400 card decks take time in lackey. it is a question of augenmaß.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E is the superior game. 1E takes more time. HoF... With a complete obsolete ban list... Pattern Loss, Chula, et al. No I will not play HoF ever again. Waiting hundreds of years till the evil cards get banned. Better overcome a pattern loss with kirk than to have no other weapon. hof is... well, not good.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:51 pm 1E is the superior game. 1E takes more time. HoF... With a complete obsolete ban list... Pattern Loss, Chula, et al. No I will not play HoF ever again. Waiting hundreds of years till the evil cards get banned. Better overcome a pattern loss with kirk than to have no other weapon. hof is... well, not good.
Doesn't Nilz Baris or Change of Venue solve those problems in a HoF-legal way?

You're of course entitled to your opinion, but to say there aren't weapons is incorrect on facts.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:07 pm
One should not stall.
Nobody stalled here.

I was not accusing you sir. I have played you, I know you are a timely player. I was mearly offering my oppinoins on time.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
I have countless matches, where I lost because I was not allowed to do my victory.
The opponent got the MW and in all those games I mean all I needed was just to say: "attempt!" for a victory. Very frustrating.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:04 pm Great sportsmanship, Steve. Not for me, I'd have lost anyway, but for the others in the tournament.
This comes as no surprise to someone who has played Steve N. probably more than anyone else. He is a World Class player, and likely the most honest member of the Frozen Chosen. He always holds himself accountable, win or lose.

Sorry I missed it. Sounds like it was a great game! :cheersL:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yes, it was a ´very enjoyable and deep game. I gave up on 2E but this is one game that would keep me playing 2E.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]