Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

What is your ideal number of draws for Cardassia, Subjugated Planet

0-3; Let's not get too crazy now
13%
4-6; We can have a bit of fun
38%
7-9; Go for the glory
13%
10+ SYSTEM OVERLOAD ERROR
38%
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through the week. Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!

The newest headquarters have been around for a few months. You have a different quadrant to toy around with but also a good draw engine though that helps your opponent as much as it does you. Then again, you can control the speed of it, albeit once a turn) and activate whenever you darn well want to.

The minimum is zero but the maximum can get into the double digits. How wild do you want to get with it? Do you want to keep it fairly calm or go for a free card draw each turn?
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I've used this card several times in the past few months. I must say it's a very disappointing card. I rarely ever use it for it's engine.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:11 pm It's not a once per turn effect.
The best opening turn I had thus far left my opponent with 14 cards in hand...
Granted those weren't only Cardassia Prime draws but supplemented by Keevan, Conniving Liar and Hollow Pleasantries.
That's pretty cool. Reverse mill is something I always thought could have been the cunning side of Dominion, and I thought maybe it was going that route after seeing this new HQ. But nothing else in that set went with it, so I can't see it being too effective unless you get a god draw (ie 3x HP opener).

I can't see any other Dominion strategy able to compete against Crom and the point loss HQ.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:07 pm If there were a reliable way to get several Audacious Assault early...
There are several, just not for Dominion, which I'm not so sure is a bad thing...

But you don't need to get crazy with download shenanigans... with all of the card draws available, just burn through a relatively small deck and you'll find them soon enough.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:01 pm Audacious Assault is one of these terrible combo cards where the combo doesn't really make any sense.
Also with Mobilization Points and Hollow Pleasantries there's just no need for it.
The Breen should have always been 4+ big stat sticks- which would have made AA and Tykk (and battle) more interesting. Instead they almost all have 'when you play' abilities that don't work with either.

Dominion is kind of a mess other than playing Jem Hadar for cheap.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Reverse mill, eh? I'm guessing yelgrun would help with that.

On a general gameplay note, I'd prefer to see more personnel flavor created by mission solving when/while abilities and fewer when you play abilities.
The play draw phase is pretty ho hum as far as gameplay mechanics, where the game really shines is in mission attempts.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:04 am Reverse mill, eh? I'm guessing yelgrun would help with that.
Yeah- reverse mill is when you have your opponent draw, let's say 7 cards on their turn, but they can only play 3 cards with the counters and have to discard 4 to get back to 7 cards in hand. It's basically TNG (see New Life), but evil- which was kinda the Dominion theme until it just became cheap Jemmies.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Related - what does 'humq' mean?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Faithful Reader wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:20 pm
Danny wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:54 am Related - what does 'humq' mean?
From the top post with emphasis added:
Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!
Riiiiiight. Makes total sense. :shifty:

Thanks for the clarification :thumbsup:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation