Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Both versions of Ezri Dax read:

If you command Jadzia Dax, place this personnel in her owner's discard pile.

I seem to have got myself into a mental tailspin about this. Does the "this personnel" refer to:

• the aforementioned Jadzia Dax, as the trek-sense makes real-sense (Ezri is replacing her following Jadzia's death)
  • or Ezri Dax (as the "this personnel" generally refers to personnel it's printed on)?

(I've never had to worry about this before in decks, until I started building a recent one.)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
If you command Jadzia you have to pitch Ezri.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Coolio. Thanks :thumbsup:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:23 pm I feel like you should have to kill Jadzia to play Ezri...
Maybe, but that's not what the card says.

Trying to go story mode with 2e has a history of generally not going well.

Play 1e, then if you kill Jadzia then you can get a free Ezri Dax (Bonus: it doesn't even have to be YOUR Jadzia Dax!). There's your story mode.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:45 pm
Naetor wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:23 pm I feel like you should have to kill Jadzia to play Ezri...
Maybe, but that's not what the card says.

Trying to go story mode with 2e has a history of generally not going well.

Play 1e, then if you kill Jadzia then you can get a free Ezri Dax (Bonus: it doesn't even have to be YOUR Jadzia Dax!). There's your story mode.
I guess that's fair, but the fact Jadzia is mentioned on the card, means it is at least tried to reflect the story. Which with an easy change would reflect it better, I think:

If you command Jadzia Dax, place her in her owner's discard pile.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Armus wrote: Trying to go story mode with 2e has a history of generally not going well.
The whole Locutus not being a version of Picard one set later bugs me. Though they did make it up with Ezri Tigan not caring if Jadzia is out there.

Plus, we can have a STIII version of Bones that you cannot have in play with Spock.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Faithful Reader wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:11 pm The whole Locutus not being a version of Picard one set later bugs me. Though they did make it up with Ezri Tigan not caring if Jadzia is out there.
The one that grinds my nerd gears (or did when it first came out was) was Admiral Janeway not being playable with any Kathryn Janeway (despite sharing a screen), and then getting T'Pol and Elder T'Pol :x
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]