Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through the week. Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!

This week we reopen a potent debate, the reporting of Trellium-D. There is a thread devoted to it but in short, it is an equipment meaning you can report it to a headquarters, but the text reads that it might play aboard a ship (!) which is unusual for equipment cards, to say the least.

Are you OK with me playing if to my headquarters? How do you interpret the reporting requirement on Trellium-D?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I have always interpreted Trellium-D as being required to play to a ship. However, I can see the interpretation wherein you could say that HQs and other cards allow it to go there too and that the wording on the equipment simply expands where it can go to.

I guess the real question here is what phrasing is best to make it so that you can only play Trellium-D to a ship?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:26 pm On the list of worst cards ever.
And yet it JUST missed the HoF cut.... :x

By Cmdr Xym (Joseph Bazemore)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
It doesn't say you "may" play it aboard a ship therefore it is not a choice; you are required to play it aboard a ship (and nowhere else). Card text overrides rules.

This is similar to events that say "Plays in your core." While you could theoretically play it somewhere else until you know specifically, the event tells you exactly where it goes.

Why are we making things hard?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:41 pm Get rid of it. "Plays aboard your ship" is 99% useless text anyways. Neither Grav-plating trap nor Hazardous Materials need the equipment anywhere. It's all fanboy Delphic mission mobile HQ. Let's give this a fourth(?) errata!
So T-D, Staffer Sisko... what's your 3rd 2022 HoF nomination?

Naetor be starting early! :P
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
I'm pretty sure Trellium-D has been the most errata'd card. Or is it Lustful Distraction?

They're both up there.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

The combo

Trellium-D
Hazardous Materials
Grav-Plating Trap

is indeed highly overpowered/annoying. But that was the time of design being heavily in favor of SF. Luckily those days are gone.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]