Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Contender
2E  National Champion 2023
Hello,

I used to play 2E a long time ago and just game across this site. I think it's great to be able to play games online. My question is how do I find players who want to play an online game?

Also, is there anyone that would be good enough to play a game or two to show me how to use Lackey and see how rusty I am at this game?

Thanks in advance.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Psionic Hobo wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:55 pm Hello,

I used to play 2E a long time ago and just game across this site. I think it's great to be able to play games online. My question is how do I find players who want to play an online game?

Also, is there anyone that would be good enough to play a game or two to show me how to use Lackey and see how rusty I am at this game?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Hobo!

Welcome! :)

For both games, there are sticky topics about Lackey! You want this one.

Setting up games... Discord is a good place. The CC has its own channel; and there's also the affiliated Dojo server. Both would work to set up games, I think. I'm in the CC server and it has activity every day.
Someone here has invitation links to both servers in their signature; not sure who?

Edit: @bosskamiura, of course, will know the other link -- since he runs the Dojo. Doh!

Also, just posting here might be an alternative? Not sure how soon people would see and react, though... (But questions get answered very soon, is my experience.)

Regarding test / casual games... With 2e, I can't help you -- I still have to learn that, myself... One day...
(But if you also want to get into 1e, that's another matter! Totally! Let us / me know!)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Welcome @Psionic Hobo ! Where are you located? There may be some players near you.

If you want to play on Lackey, I did a video over this past summer on how to play with Lackey. It's embedded in the FAQ page. I'm happy to do demos, and as Suden mentioned, there are a couple of different Discords out there dedicated to STCCG.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
SudenKapala wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:00 pm
Psionic Hobo wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:55 pm Hello,

Thanks in advance.
Hi Hobo!

Welcome! :)

For both games, there are sticky topics about Lackey! You want this one.

Setting up games... Discord is a good place. The CC has its own channel; and there's also the affiliated Dojo server. Both would work to set up games, I think. I'm in the CC server and it has activity every day.
Someone here has invitation links to both servers in their signature; not sure who?

Edit: @bosskamiura, of course, will know the other link -- since he runs the Dojo. Doh!

Also, just posting here might be an alternative? Not sure how soon people would see and react, though... (But questions get answered very soon, is my experience.)

Regarding test / casual games... With 2e, I can't help you -- I still have to learn that, myself... One day...
(But if you also want to get into 1e, that's another matter! Totally! Let us / me know!)
Thank you for your reply and Discord invite. I played 1E when it first came out but have not idea how to play it now! Lol.

I still remember most of 2E though, which is why I am starting with that.

Appreciate the info.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
jadziadax8 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:21 pm Welcome @Psionic Hobo ! Where are you located? There may be some players near you.

If you want to play on Lackey, I did a video over this past summer on how to play with Lackey. It's embedded in the FAQ page. I'm happy to do demos, and as Suden mentioned, there are a couple of different Discords out there dedicated to STCCG.
Thank you! I actually did watch the video yesterday, however, I always find it easier to learn when I am actually doing it!

I’m in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Hmmm, we’ve got several folks in Ontario, though I appreciate it’s a big Provence. @Gorgo Primus @Se7enofMine

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ontario is probably never going to have a local player group because the province is huge and nobody is reasonably close to anyone else.

That being said, I play exclusively online using Lackey and you're more than welcome to join the 'Online Region' with us. If you still need help learning Lackey then join one or both of the Discord Servers in my signature and ask for a tutorial from me there when I'm next online. I'd be happy to help. :cheersL:

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]

solved, thanks :thumbsup: