Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through the week. Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!

This week, we look at keywords. Which are your favorite and least favorite? Why? Is it the framing? The use? The implementation? Let us know!
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Something that came up recently for me was the implementation of Shape-shifters. It's almost interchangeable with Founder (see Morph cards), but obviously not quite. And anything done to enhance having a Shape-shifter around would almost immediately be relegated to only one affiliation. I mean, it's kind of the reality of the world that has been created for us to model, but it's disappointing.

But my least favorite is Gatherer. I have little interest in the keyword or the episode it's from. I suppose you could say "Acamarian with a staffing icon" and mean the same thing.

I really dig the implementation of Bluegill. Their Paranoia card immediately made me think about new deck options. That's a pretty good use of a card slot.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Ha!

I wonder why other [NA] set skill fillers never had a keyword connection that only existed on them. Like Baran's crew having Neural Servo or the Kellerun/T'Lani having Harvester or something. I have no problem with the personnel being in the game, but it doesn't feel like a good use of bold ink is all.

*hides behind desk as Lucas throws a shoe*
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I’ve always liked Nebula a lot. It’s probably because I have loved gorgeous nebula missions since I started playing. (PNZ what?) Hurried Departure has been one of my favorite under-used cards for a very long time.

My least favorite keyword is Clone because it should exist and doesn’t. I know why Decipher didn’t make it (they didn’t want to put it on Shinzon and spoil Nemesis), but I think it’s worth pursuing now.

Of course, come to think on it, this would lead to personnel from Up the Long Ladder, which is an episode that needs to die in a fire. Hmmm, maybe I should retract my previous statement.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Least favourite: persistent is so rarely used and it clutters up very popular cards with lines and lines of text.

In general 2e took a wrong turn with not using rules and symbols for things that are really common.

Most favorite: recall or whatever the keyword is on miracle working. Another candidate for loading, but at least the rest of the text is really simple on that card.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I’m learning to use Persistent for its own sake. Strength in Numbers is wicked good. It’s been working well so far. But I don’t think I’ll ever put Ghost Stories in a deck.
Last edited by jadziadax8 on Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:26 am I’m learning to use Persistent for its own sake. Strength in Numbersis wicked good. It’s been working well so far. But I don’t think I’ll ever put Ghost Stories in a deck.
I tried Ghost Stories with ACE once. It didn't really work, though. My opponent faced the fire at the first mission, went to complete other missions with my dilemma pile fresh out of ACEs, then went back to the first mission to close out the game.

I do enjoy Flare of Rage and Frozen By Fear. If you track the skills properly they can be rough.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
My favorite is pursuit. It's relatively simple and has a few ways cards interact with them for an interesting benefit (eg Harried and Harassed) or consistency (eg Sensor Sweep).

Q would be my runner-up for similar reasons. There are a few others who function similarly, and I tend to like those as well.

My least favorite is harbinger. I would have picked any of the other keywords that need a special text, but this one also is a dilemma that goes on a mission - which there's way too much of now - and you need to remember it over multiple turns.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Most favourite: Infiltration - it's just so sneaky and flavoursome.

Least favourite: Bluegill - where to start? Three cards have it; one other card references it; it's been six years, and we've still not got a Tryla Scott; because they're [Fed] , it's almost impossible for them to get their own mission (as it'd most likely be an Earth); and it's a non-canon 1E hangover name.

So many swings. So many misses.
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]