Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
I think the confusing part about this is that one could assume the threshold to win is always 100 and so an "additoinal ten" would always be added to the 100, no matter how many cards tell you to do so.

The way I've always viewed it was that once you hit i.e. Phoenix your threshold moves to 110. If you then subsequently face i.e. Pivotal Destiny your threshold moves to 120 and so on...

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks! Uih... Then Michael would have been in trouble. If Lackey wouldn't have sent the Phoenix once more to my starting hand out of 85 cards... :) But I had a lot of "Luck with Lackey" recently, so I cannot complain :) .

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Pretty sure yes. Terrasphere 8 puts no point condition on its win, so Phoenix et al would not affect it.

EDIT: Per Danny, this is wrong. See below.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Naetor wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:25 pm Phoenix in play, Terrasphere 8 solved and active, but 0 points. Do you win the game?
Gonna go with 'no', as this is the actual example given in the Modifying Victory Conditions Rulings Listing :wink:

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
I stand corrected.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Also as a side note but not completely unrelated to the topic, in most cases (unless you're playing a bonus point heavy deck) needing an additional 10 points means completing an additional mission in which case it doesn't really matter whether you need an additional 10 or 30. 8)
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Naetor wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:09 amHaha! If that ever happens, please post a tournament report so I can read the situation that led to it.
It has occurred to me that the points don't matter in an 8472 deck, so I've thought about packing such decks with "lose 5 point" cards, like Endangered, which can help get out the dilemmas, or Parting Shot, which might be a nice way to clear the field of personnel with annoying double skills. But I also can't imagine blowing 30 points.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation