Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

Which is your favorite Errata form May 2021?

James T. Kirk, Original Thinker (11 P 17) losing his Earth Icon
50%
An Issue of Trust (10 R 2) costing 4 instead of 5
5%
Hard Time (6 P 6)becoming planet only
18%
Unexpected Difficulties (2 C 69) becoming unique
23%
Outmatched (7 C 9) and Entanglement ( 7 R 4) increasing in cost from 0 to 1.
5%

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
GooeyChewie wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:10 amIt's also the sole reason I don't play Bluegills.

The sole reason? I can give you some more if you'd like :wink:

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Danny wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:47 am The sole reason? I can give you some more if you'd like :wink:
Perhaps "the straw that breaks the camel's back" is a more appropriate way of putting it. But yeah, I've lost games with them on the basis of Peaceful Coexistence making me fail Gomtuu when I had 2+ Diplomacy and Telepathy and enough printed Integrity to meet the requirements. I would at least bring them to some local events if Gomtuu wasn't practically an auto-loss.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
In a similar vein to it goes under, it can't be broken, you could argue that any non-dual dilemma can't be broken because a recognizing player could just attempt the alternate missions until they have drawn into the means to beat that dilemma - and if they aren't playing those cards, they lost the meta.

But - the best support card for Gomtuu has always been Necessary Execution. I don't think there's been a more meta-defining card in 2e history. The best ship destruction decks I have ever faced have focused on landing Gomtuu, and if you try to play around it, decimating you on planet with NecEx and things like Shran, In Archer's Debt. I was recently reminded why NecEx is critical in a battle deck...

There are now, however, very good dilemmas that you can only pass if you have low integrity - Adopted Authority and Nothing to Lose immediately come to mind. Furthermore, both are duals and the former also doesn't go under. So, the integrity or die mentality is not true anymore - it's more of a damned if you do, damned if you don't - a perfect example of dilemma strength outpacing draw deck strength.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:37 pm In a similar vein to it goes under, it can't be broken, you could argue that any non-dual dilemma can't be broken because a recognizing player could just attempt the alternate missions until they have drawn into the means to beat that dilemma - and if they aren't playing those cards, they lost the meta.

But - the best support card for Gomtuu has always been Necessary Execution. I don't think there's been a more meta-defining card in 2e history. The best ship destruction decks I have ever faced have focused on landing Gomtuu, and if you try to play around it, decimating you on planet with NecEx and things like Shran, In Archer's Debt. I was recently reminded why NecEx is critical in a battle deck...

There are now, however, very good dilemmas that you can only pass if you have low integrity - Adopted Authority and Nothing to Lose immediately come to mind. Furthermore, both are duals and the former also doesn't go under. So, the integrity or die mentality is not true anymore - it's more of a damned if you do, damned if you don't - a perfect example of dilemma strength outpacing draw deck strength.
Adopted Authority is 2 stops at most even if it does return. it only gets stupid when you follow it up with Honorable Pursuit, Healing Hand, and Polywater, etc.

NTL is a stop-and-go-under. I really don't have an issue with it.

And it's amazing how much you can shut NecEx nonsense down with a couple of ETUs. I seem to recall you posting how that's not your style and you'd rather just have another person or two for the cost, but you'd be amazed at how well it works against that noise.

Though personally, I think NecEx over did it by making it 2 kill actions instead of one kill action. Way to make Escape suck, Decipher...

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
Due to recent events, from now on I will start to play with my AI version of Unexpected Difficulties
Attachments:
Unexpected Difficulties - Braveheart.jpg
Unexpected Difficulties - Braveheart.jpg (2.16 MiB) Viewed 1507 times

By IQ542 (Matt S)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
Naetor wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:23 am The balance team will be releasing our new balance set on Dawson's Creek crossovers. Spoiler alert!

dawsons_difficulties.jpg
Didn't think my comment would spark so much Gomtuu discussion or crying! :D If Gomtuu does receive errata, I would be in favor of keeping the Diplomacy/ integrity requirement and changing the Telepathy part. Telepathy is a very rare skill..... The Tin Man episode involves the Romulans so maybe something like 2 Treachery and cunning > 34 to mirror the Diplomacy requirement.

Wird erledigt : ). Es war übrigens wirklich[…]

I suspect that’s the usual forum badges you […]

Zwei Turniere und das schon im März ... Das L[…]

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]