Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Gorgo Primus wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:15 pm I feel like a toaster’s cooking repertoire would be quite limited… :shifty:
It depends. Does this contest allow Toaster Strudel?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
GooeyChewie wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:10 pm
TyKajada wrote:So there's a choice? The text doesn't say "may" so I would think if you have the damage cards they have to go onto the respective ships...
:?
Per the rulebook:
“The Rulebook” wrote:Download: This word allows you to look through your deck for
the specified card, reveal that card to all players so they can verify that the correct card was downloaded, place it in your hand, and shuffle the remaining cards in your deck. There is no penalty if you don’t find (or choose not to take) a card you are allowed to download.
So you can choose not to take the Damage card. That’s why Keras spells it out instead using “download.” If he said download your opponent could choose not to take the card, rendering him entirely moot.

Yeah, I'm with Ty on this one - I would've thought Isolytic Detonation's text was a compulsory download, and the bit you bolded would apply to only to cards that say "may download" (e.g. K'mtar).

I mean, if every download is essentially voluntary, why make the distinction between "when something happens, download..." and "when something happens, you may download..."?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation