Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Maneuver. Plays in your core.
Order - Begin an engagement involving your [Dom] ship. If you win, randomly kill an opponent's personnel involved and, for each opponent's ship at that mission, download a Damage card and place it on that ship. Then place this event on your ship involved.
Two opponent's ships are at the same mission when I win with this. Can I/must I download 2 damage markers to 1 ship? Or 1 damage marker on each ship. Or do I get to choose between either option?

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Since each downloaded damage card goes on "that" ship, it's one damage card per ship.

Technically you must download two damage cards in this situation, but there's no penalty for choosing not to find them. Effectively you can pick and choose which opposing ships get the damage cards, so long as you don't place more than one on any given ship. And getting into the super-technical, you'd have to shuffle your deck even if you chose not to find any damage cards, regardless of whether you actually looked through the deck or not.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
2E english is the worst english!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
monty42 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:30 pm 2English is the worst english!
FTFY... :wink:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
monty42 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:30 pm 2E english is the worst english!
In many cases, yes. In this case, it's the same as plain (albeit officious) English.

For example, imagine you're a taster at a food competition. They give you the instructions "For each station here, grab a sample from that station." If you grab eight samples from one station instead of one sample from each of the eight stations, you didn't follow directions. On a completely "unrelated" note, there is a new season of Top Chef airing currently.

...Unless of course you meant the oddity of "download" always being effectively optional even when not worded as such. In that case, yeah, it's weird.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
GooeyChewie wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:41 pm
monty42 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:30 pm 2E english is the worst english!
In many cases, yes. In this case, it's the same as plain (albeit officious) English.

For example, imagine you're a taster at a food competition. They give you the instructions "For each station here, grab a sample from that station." If you grab eight samples from one station instead of one sample from each of the eight stations, you didn't follow directions. On a completely "unrelated" note, there is a new season of Top Chef airing currently.

...Unless of course you meant the oddity of "download" always being effectively optional even when not worded as such. In that case, yeah, it's weird.
On an even more unrelated note, the first two times I read this, I read "taster" as "toaster"...
Make of that what you will...

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
How would a cooking competition even work? Taste is completely subjective...
#whoboiledithotter?

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I feel like a toaster’s cooking repertoire would be quite limited… :shifty:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Gorgo Primus wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:15 pm I feel like a toaster’s cooking repertoire would be quite limited… :shifty:
idk are we talking about a box that heats bread or a guy who raises a glass?

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
If you win, randomly kill an opponent's personnel involved and , for each opponent's ship at that mission, download a Damage card and place it on each opponent's ship at that mission.

"For each" is typically a running tally - many 2Examples.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote:Since each downloaded damage card goes on "that" ship, it's one damage card per ship.

Technically you must download two damage cards in this situation, but there's no penalty for choosing not to find them. Effectively you can pick and choose which opposing ships get the damage cards, so long as you don't place more than one on any given ship. And getting into the super-technical, you'd have to shuffle your deck even if you chose not to find any damage cards, regardless of whether you actually looked through the deck or not.
So there's a choice? The text doesn't say "may" so I would think if you have the damage cards they have to go onto the respective ships...
:?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Naetor wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:56 pm If you win, randomly kill an opponent's personnel involved and , for each opponent's ship at that mission, download a Damage card and place it on each opponent's ship at that mission.

"For each" is typically a running tally - many 2Examples.
This wording would only allow you to download one Damage card. If you want to think of “for each” as a running tally, then it’s the tally of the number of ships to which you can download a Damage card.
TyKajada wrote:So there's a choice? The text doesn't say "may" so I would think if you have the damage cards they have to go onto the respective ships...
:?
Per the rulebook:
“The Rulebook” wrote:Download: This word allows you to look through your deck for
the specified card, reveal that card to all players so they can verify that the correct card was downloaded, place it in your hand, and shuffle the remaining cards in your deck. There is no penalty if you don’t find (or choose not to take) a card you are allowed to download.
So you can choose not to take the Damage card. That’s why Keras spells it out instead using “download.” If he said download your opponent could choose not to take the card, rendering him entirely moot.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation