Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

What is your favorite theme from Heroes and Demons?

Dominion Son'a
22%
TNG Dissidents
39%
Ferengi battle
22%
Klingon Smugglers
17%
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through the week. Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!

This week, we look at the most recently released expansion for Second Edition, heroes and Demons. At fifty-four cards, there is a lot to enjoy but of the four themes, which do you favor the most?

The Son'a who have aligned with The Dominion and just want people in the discard pile no matter how?

The TNG dissidents who help the Ba'ku defend their planet from naer-do-wells?

The Ferengi whose desire for profit meets the bloodthirsty might of battle prowess?

The Klingon Smugglers who help advance a decktype that other affiliations are known for?

Most importantly, let us know why. Also, the poll does allow revoting. Sound off on what is near and dear to your heart.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
My vote would've been for Ferengi Battle, had they kept the spoiled version of Omag. Sadly he's been turned into mere garbage!
So I voted [Kli] Smugglers.
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
None of the Above.

I find the Ba'ku personnel (theme?) most interesting. Anij, Artim, and Sojef are story-based, niche personnel to the extreme, unlike anything I can think of in 2E. I really like that I can't tell if they're worth the baggage of being anchored to the Ba'ku Planet. Maybe that's a good sign?

I don't have the opportunity to play 2E like I once did, but I'll be watching with interest to see how the Ba'ku personnel impact the game (and future expansions being open to Extreme Niche personnel).

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Naetor wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:54 pm Intentionally losing with Ferengi battle seems interesting.

What's are some bizarre ships to pair with Omag? The best I've come up with is losing to the Maquis Raider to bounce a personnel as well.
You could lose to the Battleship Enterprise to get behind in points or for cards like Show Trial, or to trigger some other Preposterous Plan.

One of my favorite thing I saw in playtesting was Omag gave TNG Dissidents the Scimitar, and Stefan DeSeve showed up to let them actually move the ship. I know that's not exactly something you'd try to set up, but it was hilarious nevertheless.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I do like the Son'a, and their abilities. I kinda wish they first showed up as [NA] first though, as that would have been nice as a sort of Insurrection-theme together with the TNG cards in the set. (meaning that in the movie, I very much see them as [NA], rather than following the Dominion). In the end voted for [Kli] Smugglers, I like what they do, and nice new versions of Soran and Sela.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
jjh wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:06 pm None of the Above.

I find the Ba'ku personnel (theme?) most interesting. Anij, Artim, and Sojef are story-based, niche personnel to the extreme, unlike anything I can think of in 2E. I really like that I can't tell if they're worth the baggage of being anchored to the Ba'ku Planet. Maybe that's a good sign?

I don't have the opportunity to play 2E like I once did, but I'll be watching with interest to see how the Ba'ku personnel impact the game (and future expansions being open to Extreme Niche personnel).

My sentiments exactly.

By IQ542 (Matt S)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
I find TNG dissidents and Klingon smugglers to be interesting. Usually, I don't enjoy seeing more dissidents because the game has so many, but the TNG crew from Insurrection makes sense. The smugglers may inspire me to build a new deck just for fun. :twocents: :D
Question for noob

Crossover or Temporal Micro-wormhole should both w[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]