Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I keep seeing people talk about doing a Space mission first. I haven't seen anyone talk about why.

My First mission selection process has always been "What skills do I have, which mission can I complete?" In both games.

So why do people seem to prefer Space missions first in 2E?

What am I not seeing?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Necessary Execution and (to a slightly lesser extent) Neural Parasites
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Space missions are higher span and so people used to do them later in the game when you had two ships out. Most ships cannot do two trips of 5 range (2 span HQ + 3 span space mission) in one turn, so you'd rather do a planet mission first when you only have one ship. Also planet missions are safer from battle because you can fly there, drop people off, and fly home.

Then Starfleet arrived and they got a bonus for going space first, and then Necessary Execution arrived and now everyone does space first because 1 under for the choice of two personnel is pretty scary.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
I usually include at least one 2-Span-Space-Mission in my Deck, which is my first Mission I will attempt. Deliver Evidence is one of my favourite of that Kind. Many [H] have a Space-Mission in the same Region which also reduces the Span you need to fly.

-  
personaly its a convenance thing...
i am not worrryed about my Warship being attack early game, but by the time you have engough crew out to atempt a ground mishion, there is probly 2 or 3 crewed shuttles or medum ships floating about that with the corect combo of skills/interuptrs could easly overwelm me.

weare as geting the crew together + a couple of spares for an early space mishion push is far less risky.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation