Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I always just play him. He is fairly coated without the discount, so I see the discount as a bonus for a late draw.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
With that cycle of cards, I usually hold onto them a turn or two to get the discount, but if I get held up, I’ll eventually play them for full cost.

Also, if I’m playing with him, I like to get in a Monty Python and the Holy Grail joke.

“In the frozen land of Nador, they were forced to eat Robin’s minstrels. And there was much rejoicing.”
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
I find that, the earlier I draw him, the more often I have to hard-cast him for his full cost. The power of Cardassian solving interrupts means that, in the early game, I very often don't have as much hand space to work with, and wind up needing to just play the personnel I have. It's not so bad to have to play him, he does have a ton of skills.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
His own text does not kick in until you've completed a mission. For four counters and a not-yet-useful ability, I'd rather use him to fuel Crafty Underling at that point in the game.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
To answer the question - Yes

Do you keep him until you can get the discount? - Depends on how soon it will until I get to play him for free. If it's likely the next turn, he can wait. If it's a while, then I might move to other options.

Do you just play him/cost fodder? Depends on if I need him in play. For example, if I had just previously lost certain mission skills that he can provide, then certainly. If I want to cut down the cards that I'm drawing that turn, sure. If I need him in play so that I can kill him later with High Command Motivation (i.e. more than one in the deck), sure.

Do you discard him if you have more than 7 cards in hand at the end of turn? Depends on what I have in my hand. I've been known to discard him with Elim Garak, Crafty Underling just to gain a skill or to get all of his skills and attributes with Enemy of my Enemy Sometimes there's more useless cards in my hand that him.

So, the short answer is yes but the longer answer is, it depends.

Michael
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation