Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through the week. Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!

One of the best aspects of Heroes and Demons is that if you want to go into the Briar patch, you have everything you need. There is also a ninth Neutral Zone Mission and a nineteenth Nebula.

Thematically (and minorly inconveinced) there is another Acquisition mission for Ferengi which also doubles as an Intelligence mission for the Cardassians and Romulans.

From a storytelling perspective, we have a new Betazed Mission.

Looking through the missions available, which one is missing. Do you need another planet with X or a nebula with Y? Is there a specific location you want depicted on a card? Let us know!

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Faithful Reader wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:59 pmLooking through the missions available, which one is missing.
When you say 'missing', what are the parameters?

Do you mean 'missing...from a set that focused on the TNG series and movies, so had missions for all major, minor and recurring affiliations of the show?'

Or 'missing...generally?' Basically "What mission would you like to see?"

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
I'd love to see more missions that are usually HQs as attemptable missions.
i. e. Romulus for [Fed] either from Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges or Nemesis or a Founder's Homeworld for [Rom] and [Car] .

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
2E Sector 001 Regional Champion 2023
monty42 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:52 pm I'd love to see more missions that are usually HQs as attemptable missions.
i. e. Romulus for [Fed] either from Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges or Nemesis or a Founder's Homeworld for [Rom] and [Car] .
I absolutely hate it that Stage Bombardment doesn't require Intelligence for [Car] [Rom] to complete. It makes no sense. I think this mission would get used more if it did.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Prefect wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:49 pm
monty42 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:52 pm I'd love to see more missions that are usually HQs as attemptable missions.
I absolutely hate it that Stage Bombardment doesn't require Intelligence for [Car] [Rom] to complete. It makes no sense. I think this mission would get used more if it did.
For [Rom] it's not bad. I feel like they get a lot more out of The Die is Cast so there's a lot of incentive for them to go [GQ]. If there was an easier way to round the corner with a Hurried Departure, I could see it played in more Green. I don't think you can rely on 20 GUYS/P&P points to win with stuff like Founder Leader, Desperate Dictator popular.

[Car] has bigger Range issues, and it's harder for them to conjure Expedient Opportunity, though I suppose Macet, Reluctant Warrior could help.

As for the dual HQ, the [Car] Range issues are amplified and brutal. All the ships are base 7-8, so you're drawn to low span missions like Deliver Evidence if you want to Tain, or stuff like Supervise Dilithium Mines and Kressari if not.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I'd love to see Tellar, so I can run decks with the four founding planets of the Federation.

-crp
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]