Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
I play differently against different dilemma piles. If I am facing attrition, I just smash the bodies against Pitching In etc. as early as possible, and then start double teaming when I can. If I'm facing bouncing piles, I mega-crew it because the bouncers can only stop so many people. If I'm facing kill piles, I hold back so that I don't lose crucial skills and staffing.

Lots of people do this, but on the first attempt you don't usually know what pile they're playing. So here's my question:

Do you make a habit of doing a cautious first attempt, just in case you're facing a kill pile or 8-costers? Is it worth "losing a turn" to avoid game-defining deaths on attempt 1?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Fritzinger wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:37 amDo you make a habit of doing a cautious first attempt, just in case you're facing a kill pile or 8-costers? Is it worth "losing a turn" to avoid game-defining deaths on attempt 1?
If it's cautious to go in with 7/8 personnel with some kill-prevention in play/in hand, then call me cautious.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Fritzinger wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:37 am I play differently against different dilemma piles. If I am facing attrition, I just smash the bodies against Pitching In etc. as early as possible, and then start double teaming when I can. If I'm facing bouncing piles, I mega-crew it because the bouncers can only stop so many people. If I'm facing kill piles, I hold back so that I don't lose crucial skills and staffing.

Lots of people do this, but on the first attempt you don't usually know what pile they're playing. So here's my question:

Do you make a habit of doing a cautious first attempt, just in case you're facing a kill pile or 8-costers? Is it worth "losing a turn" to avoid game-defining deaths on attempt 1?
Typically, all I do is leave a Command Star on the ship so I don't get de-staffed. Otherwise, it is grab whomever I have in play and go find out.

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:01 am Typically, all I do is leave a Command Star on the ship so I don't get de-staffed. Otherwise, it is grab whomever I have in play and go find out.
Sorry for the stupid question, but I am just learning 2e. How does a single Command Star personnel help to staff a ship?
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Pazuzu wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:22 am
LORE wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:01 am Typically, all I do is leave a Command Star on the ship so I don't get de-staffed. Otherwise, it is grab whomever I have in play and go find out.
Sorry for the stupid question, but I am just learning 2e. How does a single Command Star personnel help to staff a ship?
Generally, if you have a ship that requires a Command staff, you don't want to risk losing that one guy/gal. It's kind of like not allowing the Captain to join the away team. You don't want to lose your Gold staff if that's the only one you have at the time of the mission attempt.

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pazuzu wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:22 am
I'm also relatively new to 2e, but one of the big differences with 2e is that dilemmas usually only kill at most 1-2 personnel each, so you're not going to lose your whole away team to an attempt. The personnel that survive will probably have enough [Stf] for your ship, so you only have to protect your [Cmd] .
Question for noob

It allows that personnel to mix. So if you play Fe[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]