Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By haplot
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I've searched the site and can't seem to find a definition of what a commodity actually is.

I'm guessing that I am being completely blind and just cant find it.

Any chance of a hand on this please?

Many thanks in advance.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Commodity is a keyword found on certain events. Any Commodity event will have this text associated with it:
(When a player plays or takes command of this event, it is placed in that player's core.)
Some cards will allow you to give command of Commodities to your opponent, and most Commodities have effects which turn on when somebody commands them but does not own them (or in other words, once you've given them to your opponent).

Here is a list of all the Commodities currently in the game.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Like most keywords in [2E]*, Commodity has no built-in special function. Other cards may reference that keyword, but it doesn't do anything on its own.

To add to @GooeyChewie's list, here is a list of all cards that refer to Commodity in their game text.

*The only keyword that is loaded is Region. When two missions are in the same Region, you subtract 2 from the range required to move between them.

-  
arfter looking up and serching for commodities i have knowtised that all of them only give bonuses to peps who end up in control of them and not the person who owns them.

With this in mind is there any reasion to put them in a deck?
giveing buffs to the other side dosn't genarly seam like a good idea.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Morty_jhones wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:48 pm arfter looking up and serching for commodities i have knowtised that all of them only give bonuses to peps who end up in control of them and not the person who owns them.

With this in mind is there any reasion to put them in a deck?
giveing buffs to the other side dosn't genarly seam like a good idea.
I think you may be misreading the card.

Take Tulaberry Wine for example:
"While you command but don't own this event, each player's Acquisition personnel are Cunning +1."
Emphasis mine. You have to get this event in your opponent's core for it to do anything at all, but if you build your deck around it, you'll have a bunch of Acquisition personnel who each get smarter, while your opponent will most likely have only a relative handful of Acquisition personnel.

So it benefits both players, but in general it should benefit you more because you have the benefit of seeing it coming and can take maximum advantage with good deckbuilding.

Hope that helps! :cheersL:

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]