Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Was the plan for these to be done monthly, or more ad hoc?

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
I hope they will show up no more. The damage they have done with the crap from the last time that ruined at least one community was enough.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I really appreciate Tjark's work. All the chats we had. But why dismiss Steve?? I for my part will only play 2E in a big life tournament again. Those silly erratums scared me away.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
How do you all feel about buffing unplayed cards?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:57 am I really appreciate Tjark's work. All the chats we had. But why dismiss Steve?? I for my part will only play 2E in a big life tournament again. Those silly erratums scared me away.
Tjark has a history of firing people who annoy him.

Hopefully he at least had the balls to tell Steve he was fired and not just disappear him. He has a history of doing that too.

But I'm sure he'll still get an overwhelmingly strong show of support come PoR time, since the community at large clearly does not consider such things to be disqualifying in a Director (and those who do tend to leave the community rather than stick around and vote to remove the Directors that they disagree with).
Attachments:
341938.jpeg
341938.jpeg (66.86 KiB) Viewed 4314 times

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:03 am How do you all feel about buffing unplayed cards?
You mean that idea that John had over a year ago that you hated at the time?

Ross fired him, you voted not once, but TWICE to perma-ban him, and now y'all are stealing his ideas and calling them your own.

Amazing...
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:33 am
jadziadax8 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:03 am How do you all feel about buffing unplayed cards?

Ross fired him, you voted not once, but TWICE to perma-ban him, and now y'all are stealing his ideas and calling them your own.

Amazing...
Wow, that's an extremely distorted characterization of this situation.

Nowhere in here did I claim this was my idea, nor did I offer my own opinion of it.

Since the hate for the last batch of errata is strong, I was curious how people felt about the other side of the coin. I can ask a question, yes?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:50 am
Armus wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:33 am

Amazing...
Wow, that's an extremely distorted characterization of this situation.

Nowhere in here did I claim this was my idea, nor did I offer my own opinion of it.

Since the hate for the last batch of errata is strong, I was curious how people felt about the other side of the coin. I can ask a question, yes?
Sure, you can ask whatever you want.

Who knows, you may even errata some cards into playability.

But between the last errata batch and the fact that you're asking this question, it tells me that the Balance Team is considering this as a next step (or did you get fired from the errata team too and just didn't tell us? ), which also tells me that the balance team doesn't have a good grasp on what's wrong with the game or how to fix it.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Enabran wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:41 pm Subject: Balance Team Update?
You mean recently released crap like this? or that?

No, go ahead.
Trust me, my dude. You don't want Bar Brawl buffed. It gets stupid real quick.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Enabran wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:41 pm Subject: Balance Team Update?
You mean recently released crap like this? or that?

No, go ahead.
Bar Brawl is a very dangerous card at the right time. I still think that's a card that needs to be on the watchlist. Also, Balance Team name is lame. This isn't 1E. #still2Eerratateam

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
StateofSTCCG wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:43 pmBar Brawl is a very dangerous card at the right time. I still think that's a card that needs to be on the watchlist.

Doesn't look like anyone's found the right time to play it in the last eleven months. That being the case, maybe calling for it to be on the watch-list is a touch premature.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I'm not super keen on it. At the same time, if that's something we were going to do, I'd want it to be done as an expansion, with full cycle playtesting and everything, just with the Balance Team rather than Design redesigning the cards. No half measures, either go for the rebalance or don't do it at all.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Danny wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:10 pm
StateofSTCCG wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:43 pmBar Brawl is a very dangerous card at the right time. I still think that's a card that needs to be on the watchlist.

Doesn't look like anyone's found the right time to play it in the last eleven months. That being the case, maybe calling for it to be on the watch-list is a touch premature.
It made an appearance at Vegas last year and created a big 'win more' NPE from what I've heard. Not all players choose (or are allowed to) share their experiences on the site.

At the very least any adjustment would need to clear a pretty high "how is this not [more of a] win more card?" Bar IMO.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation