Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Armus wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:51 pm Feel free to PM me separately if you want to discuss.
Why would I? You seem to be very comfortable discussing your victimization in the open up to this point.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
monty42 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:55 pm
Armus wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:51 pm Feel free to PM me separately if you want to discuss.
Why would I? You seem to be very comfortable discussing your victimization in the open up to this point.
Nice try making this about me.

Is it also my fault that the numbers are what they are? THAT'S the issue that I would think would be more of a concern to the people responsible for maintaining and growing the game. I'm not seeing a lot of maintenance, let alone growth.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Armus wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:14 amNice try making this about me.

Is it also my fault that the numbers are what they are?
In part, yes. Because you're helping create a toxic environment, no more or no less than every other party in this ridiculous play for power.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
monty42 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:26 am
Armus wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:14 amNice try making this about me.

Is it also my fault that the numbers are what they are?
In part, yes. Because you're helping create a toxic environment, no more or no less than every other party in this ridiculous play for power.
You think I want power?

You don't know me nearly as well as you think you do.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Armus wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:31 am You think I want power?
You? no. I don't think you could handle it. Your puppet master? Hell yeah!

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Reopened thread. Please try to keep the thread on the topic presented and not about the people posting in it.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
I played my first IRL game in about 18 months today. I don't think there's anything tptb could have done to make it happen sooner.

Edit: since that probably misses the point of the original post, it was almost my first 1e game since worlds 2016 as well. We ran out of time to do the 1e.

How did 1e get on the menu? Matt brought some decks with him. He got onto the nostalgia train during lockdown.

For me, there's some curiousity because of the large Facebook group and very active boards here (any nerd conversation port in a dry spell, right?). I have to say I love what I see (from a distance) of Charlie's activity on the boards as 1e director.

Nothing that I know right now about 1e makes it appealing to me, but the ongoing hype means I have to give it a real shot in the form of actual gameplay.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Other random thoughts:

- Two of the most active 2e groups are about to come back online, Seattle/Vancouver and London. I guess the PNW people play 1e as well so that's a wash? But London is 2e-only.
- I'm disappointed that there's never been a permanent front page link to Lucas's starter/challenge decks, which remain the best way to introduce new or returning 2e players.
- Hype from the Facebook group helps 1e, but it is mostly ignorant. You see most people saying, "I was never interested in 2e", but also, "oh there's costs on cards in 2e?" so it's hardly an informed opinion.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Fritzinger wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:56 am Nothing that I know right now about 1e makes it appealing to me, but the ongoing hype means I have to give it a real shot in the form of actual gameplay.
If you do this, I hope you'll post your reaction, good or bad. I, for one, would very much love to have you, specifically, return to playing 1E sometimes, and it would be a good window into what's keeping current 2E-only players from doing so.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
People are still playing this game but they don't do tournaments from CC's website. Also they're quite a few new groups making their own 2E cards which are far more entertaining compared to CC's. :twocents:

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
StateofSTCCG wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:30 pm Also they're quite a few new groups making their own 2E cards which are far more entertaining compared to CC's. :twocents:

Cool. Got any links? Always keen to see what's out there :thumbsup:

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
Danny wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:32 pm
StateofSTCCG wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:30 pm Also they're quite a few new groups making their own 2E cards which are far more entertaining compared to CC's. :twocents:

Cool. Got any links? Always keen to see what's out there :thumbsup:
Please keep any such links, especially if to graphical dream cards, off the forum.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
StateofSTCCG wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:30 pm People are still playing this game but they don't do tournaments from CC's website. Also they're quite a few new groups making their own 2E cards which are far more entertaining compared to CC's. :twocents:
I would also be interested in any links, if you would be willing to PM them.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
nobthehobbit wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:11 pmPlease keep any such links, especially if to graphical dream cards, off the forum.

My bad.

@StateofSTCCG - if you could PM me those links/cards, that'd be appreciated.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation