Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Here's your pre-registered field for Continentals tomorrow and their going-in rating:

Eric Robinett 1822
Daniel Matteson 1732
Maggie Geppert 1720
Rick Kinney 1603
Ted Reebel 1583
Joseph Bazemore 1565
Sean O'Reilly 1511
CJ Ash 1506
Ace Matteson 1261

This is real easy. You make 2 picks: Winner and most improved rating. I'll do something similar for Nationals next week and Worlds next month. Whoever gets the most points wins.

I don't have any prize support. If any of the powers that be want to chip in a foil or something I won't turn it down, but this is just for the love of the game.

My Picks:
Winner: With MVB running the judge's table, this field is wide open. Robinett has to be considered the favorite, but I don't know how much constructed he's played lately. Matteson is another strong contender, but I'm actually going to go with Maggie to win. Being this year's Worlds Hostess with the Mostess, this is her chance to get in the arena, and I think her online experience over the last year pays off and she breaks through for her first (?) Major Championship.

Most Improved: Sean O'Reilly rating is criminally low. The Old Schooler knows his way around the game and I'm betting he brings the goods for the big show.

What do you think? Who walks out of MouseHouseLand with the title and the bragging rights? We'll find out in a few hours so get your picks in quick!

By TReebel (Ted Reebel)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Well I think I'm gonna go with the Easy pick for both of these I'm taking Myself to win which will then result in most improved

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
TReebel wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:02 am Well I think I'm gonna go with the Easy pick for both of these I'm taking Myself to win which will then result in most improved
I always respect a man (or other- or non-gendered person) who isn't afraid to bet on himself (or herself, or theirself).

Good luck tomorrow, Ted. May the odds be ever in your favor! :cheersL:
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Fair warning - I'm only expecting to play if we have an odd number (to avoid a bye) or if I'm asked to play. Plus, it'll be interesting to see how I am getting only plane sleep....

Michael,
At the airport for another 2.5 hours

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Yeah obviously if MVB plays he'd be a heavy favorite... do you risk the donut for the big winning upside?

Anyone who's played fantasy football knows the feeling of having to wrestle with the decision to start a high end stud player who picked up a Questionable tag mid week. Decisions, decisions! :wink:

By TReebel (Ted Reebel)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Cmdr Xym wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:47 am I pick myself to finish in the bottom three.
So you are expecting to have a normal day then LOL

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
  • Matteson, D - FTW
  • Matteson, A - Most Improved Rating (with a name like Ace, they had to get one of the two spots).

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Congrats to MVB for the win!

BIG congrats to Ace Matteson for picking the right time to win 2 games and jump a whopping 60 ratings points!

And congrats to Danny for picking Ace and being the only participant on the board in this silly little side game!

We'll see y'all next week for Round 2 - US Nationals! :cheersL:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation