Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Following on from NA continentals, MVB's deck uses the 0 cost Jem'hadar with Playing by the Rules to bounce it and replaying for another draw. Basically: 8 strength and a draw for 1 counter.

Does this ritual need a cost? It's pretty crucial to the game, bouncing piles were bonkers strong and you still have to have personnel in hand to use it. Can we just make it 0 and not have to worry about Turansomething bouncing it?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Sounds like a job for the Balance Team.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Gorgo Primus wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:26 am Sounds like something worth PMing the head of the Balance Team about for sure.
Does the Balance team even still exist?

After the public response to the last errata set I thought they might have gone into hiding. It's been real quiet on the Balance Front for months, aside from the Balance lead popping up to blame me for all their problems awhile back. :roll:

Is @Naetor even still around? I haven't seen proof of life from him in months.

By Mugato
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Runner-Up 2023
Fritzinger wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:42 am Following on from NA continentals, MVB's deck uses the 0 cost Jem'hadar with Playing by the Rules to bounce it and replaying for another draw. Basically: 8 strength and a draw for 1 counter.

Does this ritual need a cost? It's pretty crucial to the game, bouncing piles were bonkers strong and you still have to have personnel in hand to use it. Can we just make it 0 and not have to worry about Turansomething bouncing it?
It is actually better than that. 8 strength and a draw for 1 counter since you won't have a ritual when you play it again.

I wonder why the ritual costs 1 when the others were 0. Was there some sense that it should cost more than the others? Kreetassa, Perform Intricate Ritual and Turan'Ekan had been out well before Playing by the Rules.

The rituals already recognize they can't be destroyed by your own cards, should they not be able to return either?

Is it too late to make changes before Worlds?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Mugato wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:00 pmThe rituals already recognize they can't be destroyed by your own cards, should they not be able to return either?

Fun fact: Alvera Tree Ritual used to do just that. ("When you are about to lose command of this event, prevent that and remove it from the game.")

Mugato wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:00 pmIs it too late to make changes before Worlds?

In theory it's not...
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
Danny wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:31 pm
Mugato wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:00 pmThe rituals already recognize they can't be destroyed by your own cards, should they not be able to return either?

Fun fact: Alvera Tree Ritual used to do just that. ("When you are about to lose command of this event, prevent that and remove it from the game.")
Both Rituals from the set did that.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
TyKajada wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:39 pm .

I would be interested in why Playing by the Rules the Borg are excluded. Is there an abuse possible? I don't see one...
If there is none, should be [Bor] allowed
:o
Discard [Bor] personnel --> Queen swap.

Too easy.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:Discard personnel --> Queen swap.

Too easy.
If I want that I'd do Indebtedness even gives me a draw.

Gorgo Primus wrote:Also the Borg already have Analyze if they want to stop bounces.
Analyze is 3 times per game plus two more card slots, while PbtR is as many times as you want. Puts the Borg at a disadvantage to other affiliations.
:borg: are unjustly banned from this card :P :P

:cheersR:
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
TyKajada wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:53 pm

Too easy.

Gorgo Primus wrote:Also the Borg already have Analyze if they want to stop bounces.
Analyze is 3 times per game plus two more card slots, while PbtR is as many times as you want. Puts the Borg at a disadvantage to other affiliations.

I can point out that the Borg can use this card, you just have to discard non-Borg personnel to do so.

Michael,
Who can't be the only one who's done this...

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Ninja Scot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:27 am
TyKajada wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:53 pm

Too easy.

I can point out that the Borg can use this card, you just have to discard non-Borg personnel to do so.

Michael,
Who can't be the only one who's done this...
hehe sneaky..
Loren III
Question for noob

To his location (but anywhere at that location - p[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]