Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

After the latest errata, which Dominion flavour do you pick for your next competitive event?

Audacious multi-species solver at the Cardassia HQ
62%
Pure Jem'Hadar solver
23%
Infiltration
8%
Commodities
8%
Something with battle
No votes
0%
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
I don't think Dominion are done this season, they have two easy planet missions and you weren't necessarily going to draw more than one Audacious Assault anyway. You can't draw extra with Turan'Ekan bouncing a ritual though.

Which flavour do you pick post-errata?
Last edited by Fritzinger on Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
No Infiltration?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The turbo solver is still stupid good.

The 50 point variant is also good if you're looking for more robust defense (3x Our Death + 3x Reprimand is a LOT of control).

There might be a tier one Infiltration deck out there somewhere, but it would take the right player to make it go at the Worlds level.

I actually think NeuDominion might be an interesting oblique counter play against NeuNeuDominion. That -5 for solving a mission might be enough to force the latter off script and/or force a 4 mission win.

Much as I'd love to see it, I still think Commodities are a local fun deck level of competitive, especially given the other options.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Infiltration is very powerful, but slow and plodding. It also takes a very different mindset to play, because often the right move for an infiltration deck is the absolute wrong move normally, i.e. letting an opponent solve a mission. It is pretty robust, except against repeatable event/interrupt prevention, like Brunt w/ [Fer] or [TOS] with Sisko.

All of this I mean to say it's unlikely to make an appearance.

If [Dom] shows up at Worlds, I suspect it's the pure speed variant going around. It's still got most of the pieces it needs to plow through most decks.

-crp
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:11 am I actually think NeuDominion might be an interesting oblique counter play against NeuNeuDominion. That -5 for solving a mission might be enough to force the latter off script and/or force a 4 mission win.
@flrazor, @Boratus and I were talking about this before Tribbles last night. Stakalaka Jemmie solvers are strong still. Friction is an excellent counter to neuneuCardassia, since it is mandatory and the HQ draw is optional. Sadly, it doesn't bork the AA discount, but there is some slowdown.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
NeuNeuDominion was why I bought 2 shares of [Dom] in Ross's stonk game. With the errata I figured it was time to take profit (same with [TNG] and the Admiral Fuckface errata) and buy in on some of the undervalued affiliations with the ability to be tier one. I think [Rom] and [SF] can do a lot of damage (last I looked, Romulan Discard/suicide bomb and HazMat Starfleet were still things), and I wouldn't sell [Baj] and [Kli] short on their ability to micro-team. NeuNeuDominion got clipped just enough (at least in theory) to bring these other affiliations back into contention.

That said I still think NeuNeuDominion has the edge going into Worlds. That mission set is ridiculous.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation