Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
This issue will be touched on in an article coming well in the future, but to make a long story short - knowing what your opponent is filtering for can be very powerful in some select cases where you get to choose who to stop, save, or swap before you get there.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Gorgo Primus wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:39 am This issue will be touched on in an article coming well in the future, but to make a long story short - knowing what your opponent is filtering for can be very powerful in some select cases where you get to choose who to stop, save, or swap before you get there.
Agreed. I've lost many games where I've chosen poorly, selecting a person to stop with a skill I would need for that last dilemma.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Fritzinger wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:03 pm Follow up question: would you use this instead of discarding it for nucleogenic proposes?
Sometimes. I can think of scenarios where it could be useful, such as if I can't puzzle out why my opponent picked a particular personnel for Secret Identity. At the same time, there's a lot of scenarios where it would indeed be more useful for Nucleogenic fuel.

It's similar to Relentless Attacks and Interspatial Fissures in that regard. Yeah, I probably put them in the deck primarily because they're Nucleogenic. But in certain situations, they're useful for their own text as well.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Fritzinger wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:03 pm Follow up question: would you use this instead of discarding it for nucleogenic proposes?
I would, definitely. As @GooeyChewie mentioned, it's great when your opponent is filtering, or when you have to choose someone to be stopped.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Honestly, Cold Calculations is the only one I would never in a million years use for its text and I don’t know what the designers of it had in mind for that one. The rest are all really good options in certain niche contexts.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
I just remembered that the first 2e deck I played after 2003 was an equinox deck by @Naetor. It had to be virtual because this was a short while before cards became 100% printable.

It was slow but fun, nucleogenic remains one of my favorite pieces of design. Very cool that they get more support here.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
I ran into a scenario yesterday in which I would have played Triquadric Algorithms. I was playing Equinox, and if Triquadric Algorithms were legal I would have run it instead of Cold Calculations. In one mission attempt, I faced Distraction. If the Cold Calculations in my hand had been Triquadric Algorithms, I would have played it to see what the last dilemma was, realized I couldn't pass it and was going to fail the mission anyway, and stopped everybody to avoid facing it and the dilemma between them.

By Neelix (Scott Baughman)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
  Trek Masters 2E Champion 2024
Hah! I contributed to card design discussion via my ANCIENT dilemma play yesterday! Good times!

I have to agree, it's uses are limited but every so often you'll want to play TE for it's text and not just discard it for Nucleogenic shenanigans.

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]