Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
I realised I lean towards 3x anything that's really useful, but that may be too simplistic. How do you think about how many copies you want of:

Enterprise-J when you're solving all 40 point missions

TATV or Miracle Working in a deck that needs the draw

Bridge officer's test

Borg Queen

Annexation Drone or PnP or GUYS in a deck that wants to use AWC

Novice Mediator Archer in a Starfleet solver

Remata'klan in a jem'hadar solver

Crom

where not specified, I'm obviously talking about decks that use these cards well.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
With the above list, yeah, I'm a 3x times guy (bar the Borg Queen; I'm more of a Dissident player).

My decks are usually built for comfort, not for speed, and I like to have redundancy in there.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Gorgo Primus wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:30 pm I’ve learned x2 for a unique is usually enough unless they are absolutely vital to the deck and it’d fall apart if not drawn. At least for me.
I see a lot of decks doing this route and I always wonder about that. If e.g. archer is good surely you'd want you have the best chance of having him early?

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
If your deck is under 50 cards your odds of drawing 1 of 2 on any given turn are actually pretty good, and once you’ve drawn and played them once the other copies will be dead draws unless they’re killed/destroyed. What are additional copies beyond that going to give you to make up for the higher odds of getting a useless card on your turn? And that’s without looking at downloads which make additional copies even less useful.

This doesn’t apply to things that you want to play multiples of though.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
•How critical is the card?
•Can I play multiple copies of the card?
•What is the function of the card?
•How big is the deck already?

How critical is the card? Sphere 117 is absolutely critical for a Borg Dissident deck, so that might go up to x3. While Enterprise-J helps out tremendously at 40 point missions, I will still go attempt them even if I don't draw that event, so I may go for x2.

Can I play multiple copies of the card? Annexation Drone is non-unique. Drawing extra copies doesn't hinder me, so why not go x3? But I can only have one Guinan in play, so unless she's critical for my deck (which, for some decks, she is), I'll likely go with x1.

What is the function of the card? Some cards, like Crom or Miracle Working serve to help me work through my deck. The general downside of adding more cards to your deck is that you're less likely to draw the cards you need, and these cards specifically counter that downside, so I'm more likely to include more copies of them.

How big is the deck already? If I'm debating on how many copies of a card to put into a deck, I'm probably near the end of the deckbuilding process. Sometimes I'll add or drop a copy of a card or two to hit a nice round number. Is that the best way to build decks? Probably not. But I still do it.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation