Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
We settled these on the spot and the answers were probably right, but I'd like to wrap my head around why:

1) If three NA Genetically Enhanced personnel are selected to be stopped and Udar is one of them, apparently his ability allows him replace one of them and this causes the number of personnel stopped to be 2. Why isn't the replaced personnel in the same position as Udar was, i.e. also about to be stopped?

2) If Lethal Wound is out and I can't pass a wall but have Accumulated Knowledge to prevent "that", does the "when" text trigger once per personnel having their stop be prevented, or once for the entire dilemma?

3) If Lethal Wound triggers when multiple people are stopped and had those stops prevented, who chooses?

4) If the entire dilemma is prevented after we've established that the dilemma can't be passed, e.g. with BOT, that doesn't trigger Lethal Wound. Correct?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Fritzinger wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:08 am1) If three NA Genetically Enhanced personnel are selected to be stopped and Udar is one of them, apparently his ability allows him replace one of them and this causes the number of personnel stopped to be 2. Why isn't the replaced personnel in the same position as Udar was, i.e. also about to be stopped?

Because Rulings Post.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Fritzinger wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:08 am 1) If three NA Genetically Enhanced personnel are selected to be stopped and Udar is one of them, apparently his ability allows him replace one of them and this causes the number of personnel stopped to be 2. Why isn't the replaced personnel in the same position as Udar was, i.e. also about to be stopped?
Whatever was about to happen to the personnel Udar replaced happens to Udar, but nothing says that what was about to happen to Udar transfers to anybody else. Basically two of the three instances of stop end up on Udar.

I agree it's confusing. I really wish Decipher had kept the 1E concept of "volunteering" for random selections, which would make it to where Udar jumps in before the random selection and you end up with three, one of which is Udar.

Relevant rule: 'replace – When one card replaces another, any effects that were about to happen to the original card are transferred to the replacement.'
Fritzinger wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:08 am2) If Lethal Wound is out and I can't pass a wall but have Accumulated Knowledge to prevent "that", does the "when" text trigger once per personnel having their stop be prevented, or once for the entire dilemma?
Since it is a "when" ability that is limited to dilemmas, I would say once per dilemma. (But since it doesn't specifically say "facing a dilemma" so I'm not 100% confident here.)

Relevant rule: 'Response actions triggered “when” personnel are “facing a dilemma” can only be used once per dilemma.'
Fritzinger wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:08 am3) If Lethal Wound triggers when multiple people are stopped and had those stops prevented, who chooses?
Lethal Wound is doing the killing, so the player who commands it chooses.

Relevant rule: 'When a card specifies a selection that is not normally made by any player and there is a tie (“most Cunning personnel,” “personnel with
the highest cost,” etc.) the player who commands the card specifying
the selection chooses from each eligible possibility.'
Fritzinger wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:08 am4) If the entire dilemma is prevented after we've established that the dilemma can't be passed, e.g. with BOT, that doesn't trigger Lethal Wound. Correct?
Correct. BOT prevents the dilemma, not the stops themselves.
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]