Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I'm okay with most of these changes. Not thrilled, but okay. There are two which bug me.

One is I Stand With My Shipmates. It's now cost-effective to combine this card with At What Cost?. Before you broke even (roughly, in that you come out two counters ahead but expend two cards from hand).

The other is Telek R'Mor. I know his change is to keep him from playing to Sphere 117, but I dislike seeing "non-[icon] [icon]" in any gametext. I would have preferred him be changed to [Fed] [Voy] . It'd be a lot cleaner, and I don't know that anybody actually plays him to the Baxial or Olarra anyway. Plus, it would keep him off any future non-Federation [Voy] ships (like, say, the Voq'leng, which I'm kind of surprised didn't get the icon alongside Sphere 117).
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
GooeyChewie wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:44 am Plus, it would keep him off any future non-Federation [Voy] ships (like, say, the Voq'leng, which I'm kind of surprised didn't get the icon alongside Sphere 117).
Why do you think the Voq'leng should get the [Voy] icon? It still has the headquarters as a backup if the ability gets shut down.

I've mentioned it before, but I'd rather create a new "lone ship" icon to shoulder some of the weight of the [Voy] icon. I think it's just messy having that icon pull double duty.
Director of Second Edition
By tjark
 - Director of Second Edition
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E German National Second Runner-Up 2022
2E Vandros IV Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:39 am
OKCoyote wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:05 am
There is no errata announcement article.

Sorry for that, private life needed my full attention these days and I missed it.

Tj

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
The Guardian wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:35 pm Why do you think the Voq'leng should get the [Voy] icon? It still has the headquarters as a backup if the ability gets shut down.
Thematically, the Voq'leng feels more like [Kli] Voyager than Sphere 117 feels like [Bor] Voyager. But yes, mechanically, the Voq'leng doesn't really need the protection.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
GooeyChewie wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:17 am Thematically, the Voq'leng feels more like [Kli] Voyager than Sphere 117 feels like [Bor] Voyager. But yes, mechanically, the Voq'leng doesn't really need the protection.
That’s true. One of the hard parts about using the [Voy] icon to protect a ship is the confusion about what it means. I mean, luckily all the ships in question actually come from Star Trek: Voyager, but (and I’m not advocating for it in the least) suppose someone wanted to give the Te'nari the [Voy] icon to protect its ability on the grounds that it’s the lynchpin of its deck. I might have a harder time arguing against that than the Voq’leng.

BTW, folks, I don’t mean to keep beating the same drum, but I feel like I keep coming back to that thought.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Personally, I would only want it on ships where the alternate would be a lockout. You can play the game still if the Te’nari or Voq’leng loses their abilities - your deck will just be significantly worse. If the Olarra, Equinox, Voyager, Sphere get disabled then you literally can’t do anything anymore and you’d have to concede on the spot. For me that’s the difference and why I’m happy to see the Sphere get errata like this. :twocents:
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:20 pm
StateofSTCCG wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:38 am I guess we got some okay news since TTNE is out and is HORRIBLE! Thanks for giving us something to look at errata team! :thumbsup:
I guess all the super secret trek card making communities out there are going to have to start making 1e too now.
They've been making them longer than this website has.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
StateofSTCCG wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:38 am
Fritzinger wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:20 pm
StateofSTCCG wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:38 am I guess we got some okay news since TTNE is out and is HORRIBLE! Thanks for giving us something to look at errata team! :thumbsup:
I guess all the super secret trek card making communities out there are going to have to start making 1e too now.
They've been making them longer than this website has.
Do we need to know the secret handshake? Or do you have special glasses that only allow you to see them?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation