Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
1. The Undiscovered Country says "cost reduced to 2" but the image still shows cost 4.

2. I Stand With My Shipmates says "cost reduced to 3" but the image now shows The Undiscovered Country with cost at 2.

3. There is no errata announcement article.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Doing errata is secret's kinda weird.

For those wondering where to find the recent changes, they can be found here.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Also: Telek R'Mor, Anachronistic Visitor has lost the [DQ] from his original game text. As this is missing from both the entry AND the new image, but NOT included in the write-up reason on the Watchlist page, I'm wondering if this is intentional?

Also also: it looks like there are extra spaces after the [SD] on the Diplomacy, Engineer, Science, and Transporters.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Danny wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:20 am Also: Telek R'Mor, Anachronistic Visitor has lost the [DQ] from his original game text. As this is missing from both the entry AND the new image, but NOT included in the write-up reason on the Watchlist page, I'm wondering if this is intentional?

Also also: it looks like there are extra spaces after the [SD] on the Diplomacy, Engineer, Science, and Transporters.
The spacing issue is fixed. Should be able to see it if you refresh the image. I don't have an answer on the [DQ]. I got clarification on the [DQ] and it's now there as well.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
JeBuS wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:11 am
Danny wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:20 am Also: Telek R'Mor, Anachronistic Visitor has lost the [DQ] from his original game text. As this is missing from both the entry AND the new image, but NOT included in the write-up reason on the Watchlist page, I'm wondering if this is intentional?

The spacing issue is fixed. Should be able to see it if you refresh the image. I don't have an answer on the [DQ].
[DQ] is returning to Telek R'Mor, Anachronistic Visitor
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I guess we got some okay news since TTNE is out and is HORRIBLE! Thanks for giving us something to look at errata team! :thumbsup:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
OKCoyote wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:05 am
3. There is no errata announcement article.
So let me get this straight....

The same "Balance Team" that has brought us one of the worst years of errata in the history of the game - so much so that they (correctly) hit the ctrl+z buttons on a couple of them - has now decided that *more* errata is needed, but couldn't be bothered to announce it properly or even let people know through a forum post? Instead they just let the writing manager notice that these errata were live and check for a non-existent article, only to not see one and hit the panic button?

Brilliant. Absolutely fucking brilliant. :roll:

The worst part is, I actually *don't* hate these errata. I'm not sure the Chef Joe Sisko errata was necessary, but there's fair precedent for it, so nbd.

Making two of the CtA crapshoot dilemmas both cheaper and safer to play is a reasonable move, though I would have preferred a random stop to a choice one (ala Preventative Repercussions/Aftereffects). I'm not sure they'll see more play as a result, but since they're currently seeing zero play there's only upside.

I don't have strong feelings on the events. I guess we'll see what happens with them.

Now, to the stuff I like:

Good call on Sphere 117. A Few Minor Difficulties is a great meta card, but there's clear precedent that it shouldn't fuck with core mechanics, generally aligned with the [Voy] icon. I like giving this status to the Borg Dissidents. Also, good catch on R'mor. Definitely don't want him showing up in [Bor] decks.

Finally, Guinan. I find this move to be fascinating. Definitely helps early game and I think will make [AU] [TNG] a more attractive option going forward.

Which makes it all the worse that these generally reasonable (or at worst, indifferent) errata get lost in the noise because nobody in the Department of Second Edition either knows how to communicate this stuff or doesn't give enough of a fuck to do it properly.

A member of the 2e staff once said to me "it's not so much what you say but how you say it that matters" ... I'd tell that person (they know who they are) that it's also true that it's not so much what you say but that you *don't* say it that matters. Maybe they should give that advice to their fellow staff members, as it's clearly needed.

As somebody who's running a tournament in less than 2 weeks, knowing about changes in the card pool is a pretty fucking important thing to be communicating, is it not? Get it together, people! :evil:

I want to end on a positive note though. Thanks to @OKCoyote and @Danny for ringing the bell on this so we're at least aware of it.

I appreciate it, and I'm sure the residents of Raw Deal Island will appreciate it as well when we kick off King of the Ring Weekend with DRUNK WORLDS on Friday November 12th, live from Nashville Tennessee - come on down and join us and bring your new hot errata tech! #cheappop #shamelessplug

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
The Erratas seems to be good. But The crappy card creator is still not right configured. I told that many times and the new cards are still optical crap.

The card Title is misplaced, the Species is misplaced, the shadows, from the Staffing and AU Tabs, are too bright, the gametext should start at a different place. More right and maybe more up - haven't checked that in hd for that specific card.
Everything within the red boxes shows the original card. And it shows where the text should be. Everything outside is the cardcreator created.
The curled up area shows the too bright shadow from the cardcreator.

Attachments:
Misplaced 5.jpg
Misplaced 5.jpg (168.52 KiB) Viewed 3968 times

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
HD example.

Red Tom = new = cardcreator
Blue Tom = old = Decipher
Attachments:
Misplaced 4.jpg
Misplaced 4.jpg (627.65 KiB) Viewed 3965 times

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

I especially like the Sphere 117 erratum and the addition of "Chef" to Sisko. The events.. don't know, will have to see.

I still wish they would place an erratum on Crowd Control to affect 0 cost personnel as well...

:thumbsup:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]