Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
If I complete Repair Null Space Catapult and my opponent choses to use Strength in Numbers, Can I use the missions's gametext before my opponent gets to use SiN? And if so, would my personnel be stopped at all since they're not "at that mission" anymore?

Which of these happens first? They're both may effects happening when the mission is completed but who has priority in this, the active player or the opponent?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
I'm pretty sure it's always the active player that decides the order of when simultaneous mandatory events trigger.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
Rulebook p. 15 wrote:Sometimes the trigger for more than one response action will be met at the same time. In these situations, all mandatory response actions occur first. Beginning with the player whose turn it is, then the player to his or her left, and so on, each player chooses any one of his or her mandatory response actions to take (if that player has any), until every player who has any mandatory response actions has taken one. This process then repeats until all mandatory response actions have been taken. The same process then occurs for all optional response actions, again beginning with the player whose turn it is. However, a player with optional response actions may choose to not take any of them and pass instead. The opportunity to take response actions ends when all players pass consecutively.
So active player first, then the opponent and again.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Fritzinger wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:22 am That's a fun trek story. Catapulting out at the last second to dodge the Borg masses. :cheersL:
No joke. I’m running a tournament right now and my opponent just did the same thing to me.

On a separate question, I pulled Noah Lessing for Staffing Shortage. I deferred to another player and they ruled Noah could not gain the skill as SS didn’t specifically call out any of his skills. Thoughts?

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
It requires two levels of any skill. It doesn't require any particular skill, and he can only gain a skill required by a dilemma. It'd be one thing if the dilemma required the owner to name a skill to be checked for, but given that it can be any skill ever I wouldn't think he'd be able to use the ability here.

It's a similar situation to referencing Alpha 5 Approach, and the Rules Tool informs us that since it "does not list any specific skills in its printed requirements[, w]hen another card's gametext references its requirements, no specific skills may be named, chosen, gained, subtracted or required based upon TCS's requirements, because no specific skills are printed in its gametext."

At least that's how I would rule it.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E European Continental Champion 2023
Gorgo Primus wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:36 am It requires two levels of any skill. It doesn't require any particular skill, and he can only gain a skill required by a dilemma. It'd be one thing if the dilemma required the owner to name a skill to be checked for, but given that it can be any skill ever I wouldn't think he'd be able to use the ability here.

It's a similar situation to referencing Alpha 5 Approach, and the Rules Tool informs us that since it "does not list any specific skills in its printed requirements[, w]hen another card's gametext references its requirements, no specific skills may be named, chosen, gained, subtracted or required based upon TCS's requirements, because no specific skills are printed in its gametext."

At least that's how I would rule it.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: yep
Second Edition Balance Manager
 - Second Edition Balance Manager
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
Not to be difficult, I consider this learning, why is “ two levels of any skill” in bold? Noah Lessing says he can gain “any” skill required by a dilemma. I get that the dilemma does not require a specific skill but does require two levels of “any” skill which Noah could produce. Is it because “no” skill is specifically named !? :cheersL:

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yes. It is in bold so that it still counts as a skill dilemma, but it won't count as a Medical dilemma or a Security dilemma just because you decide to use those skills when solving. So Noah has no specific skill requirement like Medical or Security to copy off of.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Correct me if I'm wrong as well, but to further the discussion, if Noah Lessing was facing War Games (with an appropriate target completed mission), he could gain the skills of the targeted mission, as War Games targets specific skills, thus making it require those.

What makes me wonder (although I'm aware that it's a trivial contrivance) is if Noah was equipped with a Tricorder and faced Staffing Shortage, could he gain a third Geology? Does SS now "see" an appropriate target and offer that to Noah (again, even though at this point it's superfluous). I can't find another situation where something like this could even happen and it doesn't matter here. It's purely a mental exercise.

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]