Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

What is Blue in Second Edition?

Bajoran
No votes
0%
Borg
No votes
0%
Cardassian
No votes
0%
Dominion
No votes
0%
Deep Space Nine
No votes
0%
Ferengi
No votes
0%
Klingon
No votes
0%
Maquis
30%
Romulan
40%
Starfleet
No votes
0%
The Next Generation
10%
The Original Series
20%
Voyager
No votes
0%
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Magic: The Gathering is the undisputed leader of the CCG industry. They divide things up into five colors. They can (and often do) intermingle but often come back to those five at the end of the day.

We'll look at them this week in terms of what they looks like in Second Edition. For today, we'll look at Blue. Look at the pool below and tell us what is Blue in Second Edition. More than likely there are a few different and equally viable responses but which most resembles Blue? let us know and we'll keep this open for at least a week and allow revoting. Be sure to tell us why as well.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
It's [TOS] - both TOS and blue (at least, it was when I played MTG regularly) are/were the meta-policing arms of the game.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Faithful Reader wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:21 pm Magic: The Gathering is the undisputed leader of the CCG industry. They divide things up into five colors. They can (and often do) intermingle but often come back to those five at the end of the day.

We'll look at them this week in terms of what they looks like in Second Edition. For today, we'll look at Blue. Look at the pool below and tell us what is Blue in Second Edition. More than likely there are a few different and equally viable responses but which most resembles Blue? let us know and we'll keep this open for at least a week and allow revoting. Be sure to tell us why as well.
It might be helpful to define your Magic terms. Not all of us drink that Kool-aid. ;-)
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:
Faithful Reader wrote: Magic: The Gathering is the undisputed leader of the CCG industry. They divide things up into five colors. They can (and often do) intermingle but often come back to those five at the end of the day.

It might be helpful to define your Magic terms. Not all of us drink that Kool-aid. ;-)
I would but they would be my Magic terms. Even if you have the most cursory of knowledge of Magic, let me know what from Second Edition most closely matches. Also, there miiiiight be a theme in questions this week.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:21 pm It might be helpful to define your Magic terms. Not all of us drink that Kool-aid. ;-)
The short version is, in Magic, Blue = control.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
For those not in the know, this article gave me an idea of what this means.

Oh, and Blue is Romulans.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Trying to go by memory first... Red was Offense, White was Defense, Black was creepy swamp monsters that my boyfriend liked using, and Green was the cute forest critters that I preferred.
Blue being Control/spells sounds about what I remember :)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Obviously with ~3x the number of "colors" in this game compared to magic, it's not going to be 1:1. In this case, Romulan and Maquis are the most "don't let you play the game (at least not the game you want to play) factions. Both of them have cards that translate almost exactly from literal Magic cards (e.g., Stalling for Time == Unsummon).

Dominion and Cardassian also have some control elements with Infiltration and Capture respectively, but those would be secondary "blues" in my book.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Bear in mind blue is associated with control, but discard from hand(the main Romulan means of control?) is more associated with black (I think?). Blue does mill from the deck though.

Stopping you from using your creatures (tapping) for a turn is akin to a personnel being stopped. Bouncing is also a blue thing.

Blue is also associated thinking and mental energy, aka drawing.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation