Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

What is Green in Second Edition?

Bajoran
No votes
0%
Borg
33%
Cardassian
No votes
0%
Dominion
No votes
0%
Deep Space Nine
11%
Ferengi
11%
Klingon
No votes
0%
Maquis
No votes
0%
Romulan
22%
Starfleet
No votes
0%
The Next Generation
22%
The Original Series
No votes
0%
Voyager
No votes
0%
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Magic: The Gathering is the undisputed leader of the CCG industry. They divide things up into five colors. They can (and often do) intermingle but often come back to those five at the end of the day.

We'll look at them this week in terms of what they looks like in Second Edition. For today, we'll look at Green. Look at the poll below and tell us what is Green in Second Edition. More than likely there are a few different and equally viable responses but which most resembles Green? let us know and we'll keep this open for at least a week and allow revoting. Be sure to tell us why as well.

If you aren't familiar with Magic the Gathering (or drink that Kool-Aid as our Executive Director points out) here is a quick primer for reference.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
From the description in the article, Green feels closest to Borg to me. Alone they're small, but together they combine to a huge overwhelming powerhouse.

I think the Borg's megateaming theme and huge attribute bonuses really lend themselves to this comparison.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I haven’t really had any interest in these threads since the games are so different in so many ways that this feels like asking which Go strategy is most like this ARMA (incredibly in depth fps military simulator game) load out.

But for what it’s worth, Red is the colour most known for spamming out lots of little creatures to overwhelm the opponent and burn while Green is better known for having fast ramp and a few massive creatures - which to me is superficially closer to TNG since they tend to like heavily discounted high cost personnel. But as I said, what it actually means to have a few big cards on the board in 2E and MTG are so incredibly different both in what that means and how that affects the game (Creatures aren’t really much like Personnel and they’re not typically used in remotely similar fashions or to achieve remotely similar goals) that the comparison is inherently meaningless to me. :twocents:

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

Green is probably the most difficult to assign to a Trek affiliation, for White or Red there would be obvious choices.
Green... Borg might be suitable especially combined with Black, (Golgari), more so when I think of the Undergrowth keyword, which shows the link to the discard pile or the 'Swarm' mentality of Golgari in general.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Fritzinger wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:53 am Green = ramp and stuff getting bigger so... DS9 for commons and ways to spam AWC or Jaresh Inyo?

I would've gone for Ferengi on the "stuff getting bigger" front.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Green is also known for big creatures which don't do anything special beyond being big. From that perspective, Bajoran Integrity could qualify. Opaka, Emissary Sisko and Bareil famously get up to 28 Integrity on their own.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation